Five:What if?

Mara

"You still have a lot of explaining to do." Dylan says as I look out of the car window.
"I got my words mixed up." I say.

Wow, what a believable excuse.

Well what else was I meant to say!

"Very believable, Mara."

"It's all I've got."

✨••✨

Dylan

"Doesn't mean you need to drag what's mine into it."

"Mine."

I keep playing the words over and over in my head.

Maybe it was just a skip of the words.

Or maybe she finally feels the same way I do.

Of course, I've had feelings for Mara since we were only little. I was confused then, I didn't know what love was. But now I'm certain that I am utterly in love with Mara; there's no denying it.

I will tell her how I feel...one day...

It's all about whether she'll accept it and feel the same way or not.

🌹••🌹

Mara

I have to tell him.

I'm certain that I have to tell him.

We are currently nearing his apartment and I am thinking of what to say.

"Oh hey I've had feelings for you since we first became friends and I really want to be in a relationship with you, pleeeeease feel the same way."

Yeah...I have a feeling that will not work.

But how else am I going to explain what happened?

What if I never told him and then he got with someone else and forgot all about me? And I had to watch him be happy while I was sitting in my room eating ice cream and binge watching on Netflix for the rest of my life.

Not how I wanna live.

We arrive at his apartment and we go to his bedroom.

"Dad says it's temporary." He says as he sees me looking around at all the boxes. "We move around a lot, I never really get the change to settle down, no point in boxing right?" He tries to make it humorous but I feel pain for him.

Spending your whole life constantly changing for place to place can't be enjoyable. Meeting people just to leave again?

"It must be hard." I whisper.

"I'm used to it." He says and I feel a pang of pain in my heart.

He's done it that much he's used to it?

"Stop worrying Mars, I'll be moving out when I'm old enough anyway. Then I'll stay in one place." I smile at this.

I was definitely happy he was back.

But what if he leaves again?

🌸••🌸

I've been sat outside writing for two hours straight and I could still write more.

But I'm done for today and my streak is over.

Goodnight

Xx

-Zoe 🐺