Fourty-One:Missed

*************

Mara

Surprisingly, the days have gone by pretty fast. And before I know it, I'm at the airport waiting for Dylan's plane to
land.

As soon as I meet those hunter green eyes I'm running towards them.

I throw myself into his arms, burying my head in his chest.

"I missed you." He whispers, kissing the top of my head and breathing in my scent.

"I missed you too." I say, burying my head even deeper.

He chuckles. I couldn't be any more glad that he's back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we are in the car, I notice we aren't on our way home.

"Where are we going?" I question, confused.

"I missed you. I want to spend time with you, alone." He says, smiling at me fondly which makes my heart swell even more at his words.

After about two hours (I don't even know where we were driving) Dylan stops the car and gets out.

He walks around the side of the car and opens my door.

I smile at the sweet gesture and get out of the car. 

I look around at the buildings and realise where we are.

I feel the cool breeze from the coast fanning me and I breathe in the fresh scent.

"We're at the beach." I state. "Why?" I question.

"Why do you think?" He says softly. "Remember when we were kids and you always wanted to come with me when I moved around?"

"Yeah.." I smile at the memory of always begging my mom to let me go, telling her it was only for a few weeks. But slowly, it ended up being a month until he came back.

A while after my dad died, he had to leave again. He was gone for 2 months before coming back and telling me he had to leave for much longer. Usually, he'd move around 5 hours away, but it slowly got further and the trips got longer.

When I found out he was going to a hotel near this beach for his fathers new work, we begged and begged but I still couldn't go.

"It's much more beautiful than in the photos." I say, staring in awe at the coast.

"I know you've always wanted to see it in real life; so I figured, why not bring you here."

I smile, leaning up and kissing his lips. "Well thank you." I twinkle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you think it'd be this way if you never left?" I say when the question comes to mind.

We are currently laying peacefully on the sand, my head resting on Dylan's chest as we watch the waves.

"I think if I never left, I would have told you how I felt sooner- as long as I didn't wuss out of it." He chuckles and adds at the end which makes me smile.

"I love you Dylan." I say so quietly that it's almost a whisper.

"I love you too Mara. So, so much." He says and places a kiss on my lips which is filled with so much love as I do the same.

And I make sure it shows my every emotion; because I am completely and utterly in love with Dylan Hunt.

💯••💯

I'm not sure if the next chapter will be the last, it might be but it might not.

This chapter up to the end was just a filler, and a little romance between Dylan and Mara because I have to warm my cold, black heart.

Xx

-Zoe 🐢💜