Sixteen:It's hard, being strong.

Dylan

I don't think it's possible for me to be any happier.

I love this girl so much, she has no idea and I'm going to show her just how much she means to me.

I left her house after a few hours of talking. I told her I'd pick up the list tomorrow and get started on what we were doing.

First, though, I was going to take her on a date. She wasn't expecting it, of course, it was a surprise for her. It's not the only thing I am going to show how much I care, it just has a small part in it.

"And where have you been?" I look up to see my mom, standing with her hands on her hips and a very annoyed look on her face.

"Out." I say and walk past her upstairs. Being back here just annoys me.

"Oh no." She says grabbing my arm.

"What?" I ask her in an annoyed tone.

"Don't you dare talk like that to me. You think because something's gone wrong in your life you can trash your bedroom then leave without telling me. Sneaking through your window!" She yells but I just sigh and shake my head.

"I needed to speak to Mara." I say calmly. I see her visibly relax as she hears what I say and her face softens.

"How is she?" She asks quietly.

"She's fine."

"What happened Dylan? You didn't hurt her did you?" She asks with a stern look on her face.

"What? No mom! I'd never hurt her."

"Then why do you look like someone just sold your favourite pet?" She humours but I'm not in the mood for laughing.

"I just hate being here, that's all.
"Okay then what's she said to you to make you act like this?" She asks angrily, folding her arms over her chest.

"For gods sake! She's done nothing! It's here that I hate! Coming home to a different house every month. Never getting the chance to settle in. Then I find out my girlfriend has cancer, and just when I get home, my father calls and decides to tell me OVER THE PHONE that we're leaving again in a month! How am I meant to leave her mom? How am I supposed to leave her when she needs me the most??" I screams and stand there, fuming, watching her struggle for words.

"Son, I-"

"EXACTLY!" I shout. "You don't have a clue, not a fucking clue what it's like to be in my shoes. To know that you're about to lose someone you love so much and there's nothing, nothing you can do about it..." my voice breaks at the end as I feel the tears come.

"Dylan, baby..." she trails and I can't take it anymore. I collapse into her arms and sob as she brushes my hair aside.

"I don't want to lose her." I cry as the tears don't stop.

"I can't lose her...."

💔••💔

Nooo Dylan 😭😭

I have nothing to say except I was almost crying at this chapter.

Dylan is usually a strong person, so him breaking down like this was a big deal, which is why I devoted a whole chapter to it.

Xx

-Zoe 🐺