Fourty:déjà vu

Mara

It's like déjà vu when I say goodbye to Dylan.

I try hard to stop the tears from falling- reminding myself that it's only a few weeks away from him. But even that is like a lifetime without him.

Dylan hugs me tightly and whispers in my ear. "I'll be back as soon as I can. I promise." He says softly and kisses me on the lips, giving me a sad smile.

And then he gets on the plane and leaves me behind, once again.

But I have bigger fish to fry than cry over him- he'll be back; I need to concentrate on talking to Stella.

I decide I need to go see her in person, so I grab my coat as it's much colder today and leave the house.

I make my way along the street I always would walk down when I was 14, when I used to sneak out to have secret sleepovers with her. I smile at the memory and keep walking.

When I arrive at the house, I knock on the red door and wait for an answer.

After a couple of seconds, the door opens to reveal Stella, looking nothing like herself at all.

Her eyes are red and puffy, I could tell she had been crying. Her nose was also red and her eyes were tired.

I feel tears form in my eyes at the sight of my ex-best friend. The fact that I caused her this pains my heart.

"Stella I-" I'm cut off by Stella muffling my words as she pulls me towards her and buries her head in my shoulder.

"I hate you." She whispers as I hear her holding back a sob. "I hate you so fucking much." She says weakly as I hear her sniffling- which tells me she is crying.

"I'm so sorry Stells." I say, wrapping my arms around her tighter as I finally feel a tear fall.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't slap you." She sobs as she still holds onto me, like if she let's go she'll never see me again.

"Because you shouldn't waste your time on me." I say, sniffing. "I should have told you. You're my best friend Stella, I'm so so sorry." I say as more tears fall.

"I forgive you- but only if you buy me Doritos. Lots and lots of Doritos." She says seriously and I chuckle.

"Lots of Doritos." I confirm and laugh.

🐔••🐔

What's your favourite food?

Mine is Doritos- or bacon.

Xx

-Zoe 🐢💜