Chapter 27

The next couple days seemed to drag their feet upon arriving. This was both a blessing and a curse to my limited patience. I am happy to be able to spend more time with Yuri before he has to leave me here all alone, but at the same time it makes me feel increasingly frustrated that Marco's arrival in Saint Petersburg is still just as far away as it had been in the beginning. I think Yuri is beginning to pick up on my unease and thankfully is misreading it as anxiety about him leaving me in just under a week's time. 

   I can't even count how many times he has kissed me or taken me to bed in the span of the last few days. To put it bluntly, I am absolutely exhausted. I don't know how Yuri does it or how he maintains it but he truly does have an inhuman amount of stamina. It feels as if he is draining the energy out of me and converting it into his own. I glance over at him from my seat on the couch as he does crunches on the other side of the coffee table. We had just finished having a rather heated and labor intensive round of sex and here he is less than fifteen minutes later exercising. Is he even human?!

   Yuri's eyes meet mine briefly and I quickly look away, fearful of gaining his absolute attention. My heart is pounding in my chest as the thought of another round of overall exhausting sex begins to cover me in its haze, but the aching of my body reminds me of the cost that comes along with my fantasies and Yuri's vigor. Damn human limitations. Yuri laughs lightly to himself and I hesitantly glance back over at him. He is still exercising but now his eyes are directly locked on mine. My face flushes slightly as he stares at me so intently. 

   "You're staring." I find myself murmuring. Yuri smiles as his crunches begin to slow and my eyes take in the slow and purposeful contractions of his muscles underneath his clothes. I struggle to reign my mind back into decent and safe territory, but it is too late. I have been drawn in too deep.

  "So are you." Yuri replies slowly. "Though I suppose for different reasons." I blink and begrudgingly drag my eyes away from his body and meet his gaze. His eyes are shining with amusement as he looks back at me. There is no mirth or antagonism, only pure amusement. "The longer you look at me like that the more I want to kiss you." My breath hitches slightly and Yuri notices it right away. He says nothing about it and merely smiles, politely averting his gaze, attempting to spare me from too much embarrassment. Unfortunately, I do a well enough job humiliating myself as it is. 

   "I don't understand how you still have so much energy." Yuri glances over at me curiously. "It's never ending." The crunches stop and Yuri lies on the floor for a moment. His eyes are trained on the ceiling for a few seconds before he quickly rises into a sitting position. I smile as his eyes meet mine again, but there is a hesitant frown that is now present on his lips. 

   "Victor, did I exhaust you?" I feel my cheeks begin to burn hot, flames seeming to lick and scorch my face from underneath the skin. Yuri's eyes remain fixed on my face, taking in my expression and weighing its meaning in his mind. "If I did you can tell me."

   "It's strange." 

   "What is?" 

   "It's usually you who is the one blushing and me asking sexual questions." Yuri laughs in surprise at my words. "I don't think I like this role reversal, Yuri." I tease. 

   "You're ridiculous." Yuri laughs, wrapping his arms around his legs, beneath his knees. 

   "And I'm sore. It's quite the combination." I murmur sarcastically. Yuri chuckles and the sound of his quiet laughter brings a goofy smile to my face. It's rather ridiculous how a simple laugh from Yuri can reduce me into a lovesick school boy who can't hide how he's feeling. A perfect example would be me not being able to wipe this goofy grin off of my face.