Chapter 1-Coming home

(Edited)

Sirens POV

I read this thing once, a quote of sorts. it said "life asked death 'why do people love me, but hate you?' Death responded 'because your are a beautiful lie and i am a painful truth'". I think about that a lot now.

Two months ago I had a mother, I lived in New York City, i had friends, a life, love even. And now I'm sitting here in a vary uncomfortable bed staring at the cracks in the ceiling of my new yet very small room. This is my home now, this white plain cracked and honest room. A room i haven't left since i got here a week ago. I know i should get up, i know i should eat. I know i should talk to the father that my mom once told me was dead. And i know that i shouldn't hate my mother in any way, but i do. She's dead because of me and yet i hate her more than i do my own self and trust me, i hate myself a lot. That quote was so true, my life was a big lie. And my mom's death was the painful truth.

"Rain?I heard the soft voice of the grandmother I've never known. Shes the only one I've talked to or see since I've been here. She's strong and kind and...i don't know...its silly but i'm afraid to see my father, afraid he'll hate me like i hate myself.

"Yes Del" I said in a raspy tone, i haven't talked much since i got here as you can tell.

She opened the door slowly and walked in. I've grown to realize her usual attire is tight jeans and a tight tank top, only this time she wore a lavender one over her usual black.

"So i was wondering...tonight there's a dinner at the club and i want you to come" She asked with hope evident in her crystal blue eyes. I bite my lip and tore my eyes from her. Sitting up i leaned back against the wall.

"I don't know.." i zoned off playing with a string on this scratchy blanket.

"Rain, honey, you can't stay here forever. You got here last Sunday and you haven't left since. I know things are hard, and I'm not asking you to stop being sad and being bright and happy. I'm asking you to give yourself a break and leave this room. Even if it's only for today" She said sitting besides me on my bed. I frowned still doubting this.

"Del"

"I'll take you shopping for clothes" She tried

"Um.." I mumbled probably not realizing the old me was the only one to ever have liked going shopping ever at all.

"Ill even take you to breakfast for biscuits and gravy, your favorite" She said vary convincingly, She's right...biscuits and gravy are my favorite.

"Ok ok ok fiiiine, but i get to wear this" I broke, agreeing to her plea. The blanket dropped from waist as i stood up, only wearing sweats and a white tee, which i didn't plan on changing out of.

"Alright honey, go wash up real quick while i let your father know we are leaving." I flinched at her words as she left the room. Not because i was like insulted or something from knowing i probably look gross, but because I still have yet to get used to the idea of having a father. Walking into the bathroom, i looked at myself in the mirror for the first time in days.

I'm not extraordinary or super hot, but i am, or more like was, pretty. I have a slender body figure and to be honest I'm pretty small in the breasts and butt area. I'm 5'10 and i have porcelain skin. Freckles cover my clear cheeks. I have blond hair that's wavy and goes about half way down my back. My normally alive looking blue gray eyes are dull and have dark circles under them. All in all, i look like a wreck.

Quickly i brush my tangly hair and braided it quickly. Leaving the bathroom i slip on my sandals and walk out of the bedroom. Voices coming from the kitchen are harsh and quiet.