Chapter 2-Del

(Edited)

Sirens POV

Three outfits 5 shoes and one tattoo, yes i said tattoo, later and i am officially allowed to eat. To say i was frustrated would be a big understatement. I scarfed down three slices of pizza in less than ten minutes, despite my grandmothers warnings.

"We're gonna have to leave here soon, Del. The barbecue is gonna begin in about an hour." tank spoke up for the first time since we've gotten here.

Del seemed to ignore him, as she continued to eat and began a conversation with me. This causing me to smirk, ive gathered no one can really order del to do anything

"There's no arguing with her, But Del, and i almost regret saying this, i kind of agree with Tank. Plus if we get home now i have time to doll myself up with all these knew things" I told her, trying my hardest not to cringe at my own words. Dolling up no longer seemed as appealing as it did in my past.

She smiled mischievously suddenly, causing me to look at her with suspicion. What more does this women wanna throw at me.

"Good, cause you'll be singin later tonight" she smiled widely, but i frowned at this. Oh del, i thought.

"No, no way" I replied instantly, standing up as quick as possible. But sadly, this older woman was just as quick as i. She grabbed my arm tightly and gave me the meanest look id ever seen her muster.

"you will and there'll be no arguing about it, you hear?" Del stated before walking off. I glared at her back angrily and wondered she was suck a bitch sometime, excuse my french.

"Well, Honey, theirs no arguing with her" Tank stated smirking at me knowing he used my own words against me. I scoffed and stomped off, him following shortly behind me.

_2 hours later_

I was officially ready (outfit above). Honestly, i cant help but stare at myself in the mirror. My short hair fell in soft waves with the newly bright red tips id dyed. I wore a tight crop top that showed a strip of my stomach. My shirt flared and complemented my pale legs i usually see as short and stubby. My make-up is thick in both the eyeliner and red lipstick, that match the red nail polish and red tips of my hair. To complete the look i'm wearing a black leather jacket and gorgeous high heeled boots covered in silver studs, that tied up as well. Smiling, I grab my coconut perfume and spray myself real quick, but suddenly a sadness over came me. My mother had bought me this perfume, it had been the only thing id brought here with me. Nearly in tears, i left my room in a rush, hoping to avoid the waves of pain coming my way.

"Oaf" i heard as i crashed into a brick wall, it seemed. Looking up i noticed my fingers had latched onto the shirt of tank. Breathless feeling washed over me as i saw his outfit and got a whiff of his surprisingly delicious colon, usually they all smelt over done or to strong. His white tee-shirt hugged his obviously muscled chest and his dark washed skinny jeans added to the start of his already hot look, not to mention his messy brown hair. His striking eyes had me hypnotized the most, they looked into my soul it felt like. And i know that sounded dumb or cliche, but i just couldn't look away. It was almost as if he could tell what i was feeling only moments ago.

"Whats wrong" he murmured, gently pushing a stand of hair out of my face. And just like that i wanted to hide again. Quickly i yanked myself from him, causing Tank to frown.

"My apologies, lets get going" I rushed out, blasting past him faster than you could say go. Once outside, he walked to his bike and handed me his helmet.

"Uh, what about you?" I questioned, not meeting his eyes.

"My job is to protect you, Darlin. Not worry about myself." Tank replied, sounding slightly amused. I frowned at him, jerk.

"Your funeral" i said under my breath as he got on the bike and i put the halmet on. I got on the back and it dawned on me that i had no idea what to do.

As if reading my mind, he spoke up. "Hug your thighs to mine tightly and keep your arms around my stomach tightly at all times, understand?" he said, without waiting for an awnser. I did as i was told and as he started his bike it dawned on my how intimate this really was. I felt his muscles riple under his shirt with his every movement and his body being so close took its toll. The longer we sat like this the more this abnormal tingling and heat spread through my body. Confusion swept through me but before i had time to question it we were off.

Squealing loudly, i buried my face in Tanks back...well at least i tried with this halmet, fear and excitement rushing through my body at high voltage. He laughed at me, but set one of his hands on mine reassuringly.

Slowly i pulled back and felt the adrenaline take over. I laughed in elation and smiled widely. This was the most fun id had in forever. Its so beautiful. It was then i realized how tragic this was, a graveyard of stars. Part of me wondered if my mother was one of them, after all, she had an amazing beauty in my opinion. I wondered for a second if maybe i or even tank would end up there, shining bright and beautiful in the night sky when it came to our time.

Depression muddled my thoughts and suddenly my mood was dull again. This seemed to be routine lately.

"Rain? Rain?" tank repeated and that's when i noticed our arrival at a busy club.

"Its Siren" I snapped, completely angered out of no where by his choice to call me by the name my mother had chosen for me. To my surprise, he didn't snap back, he just watched me intently. We sat like this for a while, in completely silence, me lost in thought and him seeming to be studying me. Out of no-where, he spoke up, catching me by surprise.

"You're a beautiful girl, Siren. Talented and im betting your pretty damned smart too. Dont ruin that with a shitty mood and a fierce attitude." he spoke calmly making my eyes widen and my jaw drop, literally drop in surprise.

Would it be bad if i said smart was the part that hit home. I've been called beautiful and amazing and blah blah this and that but the truest most best compliment id ever gotten was him calling me smart.

Tank began to walk towards the club but before he got to far i called him name. He stopped but didnt turn.

"I'm sorry..i'm just, sorry" i spoke in defeat, feeling a little to vulnerable for someone who barely knew a guy.

"I know you are" Tank answered without hesitation but continued to the club, leaving be feeling bother happy and quilt ridden. Cause it was only now, that i remembered i was the one to tell him not to call me but my birth name.