Chapter 10-edited

I added a video above. Its death cabs for cutie 'i will follow you into the dark' yungblood&halsey version, I feel like its a good song to pair with when reading this chapter :)

Sirens POV

Today she would've been 39 years old. She probably would've worn some flowery type dress and we probably would've had a cake that id make by scratch. A cake i would've tried to stuff 39 candles on because that's the dumb stuff me and my mother always tried to do for birthday cakes. We might've watched her favorite movie, like we did last year or maybe we might've had a dance party listening to her favorite song, like two years ago.

She would do something silly and I'd joke to her:

"You're getting old for this"

And to me she'd respond:

"Never think you're too old to live, my life."

And I'd smile. My mom would never call someone she loved my love. She always said my life because she said aside from her loving us, if all the things she had were gone then her life wouldn't be her own anymore. I know she used to say this to my father. I knew she loved him more than her own life as she had loved me. So today I decided to show my father a piece she did in a building, art she dedicated to him a couple of years back.

"Hey, dad? Can I ask you something?" I said softly to him, sitting on the couch besides his fiancé, Raven.

"Yes sweetheart. Are you okay? I know it's your Mama's birthday." he asked, a sympathetic look coming from Raven.

I smiled sadly at his response. He's always protecting me, even when he is hurting.

"Will you go on a day trip with me? I can't tell you where. And I can't tell you why, but I'd like to show you. Ill drive and we can get snack stuff and have just a me and you day." I rushed out, shooting an apologetic look towards Raven because I was disincluding her.

"Um sure but Tank has to come, and we have to be home by 8, cause your cousin I mentioned, is coming." He replied

I frowned, I totally forgot I was supposed to meet my cousin Dani, tonight. I'm not particularly excited because Del tells me there's something I will learn but I cannot know unless told by Dani.

"Alright, meet me at the truck in 20?"

"I'll be there."

****

I got the truck all set up with snacks, a picnic basket, my mother's ashes and a dozen lilies in the back. They're my mother's favorite flowers.

Today my plan is to show my dad her grave, which is set up where my parents first met. My mama never talked about my dad too much, but I knew enough to say she most definitely loved him.

The minor setback, Tank would be here for the whole event that I'm sure will be at least semi-emotional. Well, that and he will not stop tapping his foot which for some reason is getting on my nerves.

"So, you're sure you cannot tell us where we will be going?" Tank spoke up.

Our eyes held contact in the rearview mirror before I looked away from his intense stare.

"We're already here" I muttered, pulling over to an abandoned building, besides the water. We all piled out of the car and I grabbed both the lilies and the container holding my mom's ashes.

"Why would you bring u-"

"Shhh" my dad said harshly to Tank.

My dad looked all around the area, taking in the probably significant differences in the scenery that has occurred over that past 20 years.