Chapter 17

(Just editted)

"This simulation will be hard for you today" my dad said, putting the head gear on me while Michael strapped me in the chair. It's been one day and tomarrow we leave. They've been putting me through non stop simulations every hour since I saw Azrael last.

"This time it will be of you and Azrael so I wanted to warn you. I'm not doing this for torture, I just need you to be able to protect yourself against his sneaky tactics my girl, okay?" My dad explained, looking apon me with sympathy.

"I understand" but I didn't, not even mildly.

"I'll see you soon" he whispered kissing my forehead before pulling away.

I closed my eyes and waited a few seconds, listening to the machines as they worked on my body. It's always a weird kind of experience. I know what's going on around me and yet the reality I see is not the one I'm in. The simulations always feel extremely real.
The picture went from darkness that my eyelids casted, to a field. It was all grass with several dandelions, it looked almost never ending. The sky so blue with an amazing sun shining above me, making me smile.

And there she was, my mother.

A gasp left my mouth both in reality and the simulation. God she was as beautiful as the last time I'd seen her. Her hair fell in soft ringlets down past her shoulders. She wore a strapless dress that went to her knees with pink flowers, but a deep red background. Her feet are bare, Her eyes shined bright and lively as they always used too. My heart pounded in my chest seeing her like this. This didn't seem real, I mean I guess it wasn't but she looked so real.

I glanced down at myself, in shorts and a sleeveless band tee. My feet also layed bare in the cool grass, I could feel the sun shining warm enough just to feel it on your skin in a vary light kind of way. I smiled brightly as the wind blew in my long hair that cascaded down my back in soft blond waves. I looked and felt like the mix of me now and before she died.

"Momma" I breathed out. She was completely and utterly enchanting. I couldn't take my eyes off her, afraid if I even so much as blinked she would disappear right before my eyes.

"Hi, my love" she said softly with the same name she always called me by. She always said as her child I was her first love, which is why she called me that.

"I-"

Her smile dropped making me pause my words. Her eyes looked behind me with a dark expression.

"What is it?" I asked taking a step forward, but instantly I was colliding with someone else.

"Hello, love" a husky whisper sounded in my ear. His strong arms wrapped tightly around my waist, but he put them over my arms, locking me against him.

"Azrael what're you doing?" I spoke in rush, my hands shaking with fear.

"Siren!" A cry broke from my mothers lips, yet again capturing my attention.

Behind her stood a man, tall and dark. His skin was a deep dark brown color but his eyes were a mix of light brown and red, coming off as extremely striking. He's wearing a black suit with a deep red tie, his figure towering behind my mother. Suddenly he had a blade in his hand and arm around her throat.

Everything happened so fast I couldn't breathe or even think as the scene played out in front of me.

"No!" I screamed, my body fighting to leave Azraels gasp as I watched this man drag this blade across my moms uncovered throat. I screamed louder than anything I've ever heard before, I fought harshly to leave Azraels gasp. My mothers eyes widened with shock, but she could do nothing to stop this from unfolding as blood leaked from her lethal wound. She fell to her knees and onto the ground within seconds and I could do nothing but watch.