Chapter 16 (pt1)

"We need to capture Azrael" I stated the next morning, sitting carefully at the breakfast table my family sat at.

"You want to capture your soulless mate that just tried to kill you? I'm not sure that's a good idea, SI. Especially after the man just threatened his other half" My father said, taking a bite of his food after.

"Actually, he can't do much. At least, when it comes to hurting her physically. If he had killed her he'd be causing physical pain to himself and risking his own life. The bond has a few perks. If you got a whacked-out mate, the only thing they cant really do is kill you. The bond is built to kill him otherwise" Michael interrupted.

"Then why the hell did he stab her with no remorse yesterday?" Dani said, bewildered.

Because he knew i would fix her" Michael told her.

"I had the cure for the poison infused knife because I created it for Azrael. He knew when stabbing her that I would fix her easily." 

"Then why would he stab me, to begin with?" I asked him, sipping on my orange juice.

"My guess? A test. He wanted to see as this version of himself what the effects of the bond were. Also, remember he was made soulless when he fell because the tasks he had to carry out would cause to much pain with humanity in the mix. I can't help but think he wanted to see how much once having had those feelings would affect him now that he didn't have them." Michael explained.

"Okay, so we go, and then what?" Kade asked, trying to get an idea of a plan.

"I go alone, he will listen to me. The bond isn't the same for him of course but effects him to an extent. I saw it clearly in his eyes." I told them.

"Absolutely not, You can't go in there alone with the harm he already caused" My dad argued with me. Making me feel frustrated.

"Yes, I am. I won't be alone. You guys can wait outside and ill call for you when i need help." I explained.

"But-"

"Actually Kade, this could work. I have a serum she can inject into him to paralyze his body. She just has to get close enough to him to be able to inject it and then she will call us as she stated and we will do the rest" Michael suggested.

"I don't like this" Dani said, looking down suspiciously at me.

"I don't either" My dad pitched in.

"Well none of us like this, but it has to be done. And what's the worst thing that could happen? Someone gets a little roughed up? Well, we have Dani for that so" I joked, taking a bite of my breakfast.

"Okay...but we also don't really know where he is" Dani then said.

"trust me, I do. We will leave in an hour. Thank you for breakfast, I'm going to go get ready." I told everyone before heading to our room to prepare for what I knew would be challenging.

Getting him away from Camilla.

XXX

Getting ready to meet everyone else outside, I glanced at my look one more time. I decided to go for a low cut laced, sleeveless top paired with a leather jacket, black jeans, and boots. I keep my makeup more natural and left my hair down in soft waves.