Chapter 14

(sirens POV will be here for a long while so I'm not labeling chapters for the time being)

Today I chose to wear a deep blue sports bra, yoga pants and a pair of Nikes to make my physical work out easy.

Michael came up with a training schedule for me so I could easily become fit for our physical training days. Three days of physical training and learning to harness my energy, two days to mentally train for the last challenge to enter the capital.

Every morning no matter which day I was supposed to begin at 8am with 3 hours of exercise, which I knew would burn me out quick. But then after if it were a physical day, I have an hour to eat and sleep because my energy will be gone by then. By noon I will be practicing my fighting stances, how to punch and use weapons with my dad and then another hour break. Lastly, I would end my day with learning any hidden power crap with Michael for two more hours and then I was done for the day. On mental days I would be trying out this machine that puts you in a setting to test out your mental stability and see if I can get out of certain situations for 4 hours straight. After that my day would be free cause Dani said my brain would be fried if I did more than that.

My work out today consisted of 1 hour on the treadmill, 30min on weights, 30min on punching bags, 45min on an elliptical and then I have to spend 5min on sit-ups, 5 min on crunches and my last 5 minutes on push-ups. It was definitely a tough work out. I just now finished the running and I already felt ready to collapse.

"Come on, Si, lets grab some water and a snack then get onto weight lifting" Dani encouraged, her job in this was to help encourage on my workouts and do them with me, but also to keep my motivation and energy up during training.

We walked over to the bar area of the club, since they have a downstairs gym set up and its daytime we could easily train here with no distractions.

We both grabbed water and where she grabbed an apple, I grabbed chips because those sounded yummy with all the stuff I just finished, I felt it was earned.

My energy boosted slightly with the 5 minute break but my limbs cried in protest when I got back up to do weight lifting. I definitely felt out of shape if my body was ready to give up with just running, which would be easy compared to the rest of my training.

The rest of the day went by smoothly. Weightlifting wasn't as terrible as I thought and though I couldn't do much damage to the punching back, I had at least tried. Around the time where I got to push-ups was when I faltered but it wasn't terrible.

By the time I got through to Michael is when my body was ready to give up. At the moment he was trying to get me to punch through a wood block.

"Come on siren, just use your arm more than your fist, cause that's what gives it power" Michael complained when yet again I failed to break it, making me scowl at him.

" but it's not that easy Michael, I can't do it. What if I don't have the power, what if you think I'm strong but I'm-"

"Would you do it for Azrael?"

I gasped and stumbled backwards as if he had physically harmed me. And in a way he did. I felt it everywhere. I felt the tightness in my stomach, the ache in my chest. I felt the need to break, to cry. I felt it everywhere.

"W-what did you say?" I stuttered.

"Would you do it for Azrael?"

And before I could awnser he spoke again.

"What if this piece of wood determined whether you ever touched, see or even breath in the same air as him? What if you not breaking the wood meant he dies? What if you giving up meant willingly letting him go? So again, I ask, what if it was Azrael?" He spoke calmly, making my blood boil. Anger tore through me and in that moment I wanted to tear him apart.