Chapter 12

Sirens POV

I took in a huge gulp, shooting up in my bed. Sweat soaked my hair and thin tee shirt I appeared to be wearing, clutched to me like a second skin.

This wasn't even my room or shirt. It was his.

Azrael.

"Siren, calm down." I heard his deep voice from besides me causing me to jolt. I hadn't known there was a body here, didn't even see it.

Gingerly he touched my arm and then slid it up to my shoulder to push me down.

I whimpered at the contact, my skin already felt lit on fire and when is fingers touched me the tingles just added to it.

"Lay back, love." He whispered gently, still pushing lightly on my shoulder and
I didn't put up a fight as the exhaustion overtook me. My eye lids became heavy quick.

Hurriedly, I grabbed Azrael's hand.

"Don't leave me" I pleaded. He gave me a very sad expression. One that contained the smallest amount of pity, but in this moment it didn't matter.

"Never"

"Pinki promise?" I whispered, holding up my pinki. He returned the promise without another words.

Quietly I turned on my side. Seconds later I felt him snuggle up beside me, causing a small smile to appear for a second. And if it hadn't been for his slightly tense, alert posture I might've forgotten all the lies, secrets, prophecy and the attempt to killing myself before he saved me.

Just maybe.

----

When I woke up this next time Azrael was not in bed with me and voices sounded close by. His and Dani's to be specific.

"We need to wake her up, she has to help me. I've only got a few month left before my mother dies." Dani spoke desperately

"Do you not see what this is doing to her? I don't know if she can handle knowing the full extent of this chase you wish to send her on." Azrael argued.

"You haven't even given her a choice-"

"She made her choice in trying to step off that dock, talking of ending it all. She made her bed, all because you forced everything and explained a story that wasn't yours to tell. If Kade knew to the extent of what was said he'd have you by your throat, you crossed a line Daniella, even if you are his niece. That was a betrayal." And then it was silent.

I didn't want to open my eyes; I had no desire to put up this fight. I was ready to give up, if only he had let me.

——

When I wake up this time, I am no longer tired. In fact, I am alert. Alert to the fact my face is against something very warm that is moving. I am alert to the weight locked around my waist. I am alert to the fact my skin was slick with sweat and I felt like fire was tearing me apart.

Groaning I attempt to move but cannot. Holy Hannah this is a lot more work than I hoped for.

Opening my eyes, I awake to Azrael's arm tightly bound to my waist, his sleeping figure pressed directly to my own.

I didn't understand these feelings he gave me. Heat burned my skin and tingles broke across my body with every touch. My need to feel more intimate contact terrifies me, because I've never felt desire to that extent.

My breath quickened with every second I laid here. My hands began to shake, and it was then I decided I needed to get out of his hold, because the thoughts planting themselves in my head were anything but pure.