Chapter 13

mayowazu ni ima

mujun darake no sekai o
sono te de uchihanate

koboreta namida no nukumori de
yasashisa o shitta hazu na no ni
doushite mata kizutsukeatte
nikushimi o umidashite yukun darou

kishimu youna itami
shitta sono tsuyosa ga
itsuka mirai wo yasashiku tsutsumu no nara

Mayowazu ni ima mujun darake no sekai o sono te de uchihanate
Akai namida de oowareta kanashimi o sotto sotto dakishimete
Narihibiita shoudou ga hajimari no oto ni kawaru you ni

(Now, without a second thought, pull the trigger on this inconsistent world.
I thought I understood what kindness meant
From the warmth of a shed tear.
Yet why do we keep hurting one another?
Thus giving birth to more hatred. If the strength acquired from the pain I keep locked inside,
Will someday softly cover the future, then...
Now, without a second thought, pull the trigger on this inconsistent world.
Softly, softly, embracing this red tears-covered sorrow,
In order for the sound of the beginning, to take the place of my reverberated impulses.)

- Eir Aoi, Ignite

Jesse tossed and turned in his bed continuously. The images of the previous day still haunted him. It was like a curse that would be forever in place. Beads of sweat appear on Jesse's forehead as he was awoken by the nightmare. No words came out of his mouth, but he was breathing heavily.

Elsewhere, you were thinking about the sudden disappearance of Professor Castoria. Ever since she step foot at Duel Academy, you could sense a strange aura coming from her. You didn't tell Jesse since you knew he would become concerned over it. However, one thing did strike your mind. You remember that Professor Castoria spoke briefly about getting revenge on your mother. What did that mean and why did it make your stomach churn? Your eyes avert to the picture of your parents with you when you were a baby. You sigh, "If only I could be a normal girl...I wish that I wasn't close to such a death wish." "You're mumbling again..." You don't reply back to Milla's remark. It was Milla's turn to sigh, she didn't know how much of a burden you were holding towards the issue itself. Milla felt a hand on her shoulder. Aussa spoke quietly, "I don't know what she's thinking but we should be patient with her. For now, we should observe her behaviour until she's ready to talk openly about what happened yesterday."

Alexis looked at Mindy with a worried expression, "Is it just me or has Y/N become more and more distant from us lately?" Mindy waves off her worried expression, "You're just imagining it, Lex. You know how she is, she hardly ever socializes with anyone anyway. I don't understand why you're so worried. She's probably just having a rough day." Alexis chose to not reply to her friend's statement.

The worry inside your mind felt like a bullet shooting through the walls that kept your mind separate from your heart. You felt like you were running away from your own fears. The fears that kept you from living your life with Jesse were soon becoming a reality. It was much sooner than you thought. Your eyes were uncomfortable for some reason. You held your head due to the sharp pain emitted throughout your skull. The next thing you knew, your world had suddenly gone dark.

Alexis noticed that your door was open. She said, "That's strange, Y/N never leaves her door open." When she entered, she was met with the sight of your unconscious body. She began to panic, "Oh my god! Y/N! Y/N, can you hear me? Someone please help!"