batfam x reader

Y/n walks down the stairs to the batcave to see her brothers and father suiting up to go on a mission.

"Ready y/n?" Dick asked.
"...yeah. " she answered. She appeared confident but on the inside she was dying. The truth was she was- she was terrified of being a vigilante. It was fun to begin with but a few months ago she was kidnapped and tortured by scarecrow. Since then she had been scared of going out at night, let alone on patrol.

The boys were noticing her changing too. She wasn't as happy as she used to be. Her attacks weren't as fluent or powerful.

Bruce had noticed her change too. He was becoming concerned. Even Alfred had asked him to talk to her about it. He decided to talk to her after the mission. But for now, they had a job to do.

Time skip to mission (cos I cba to write all of it)

"Y/HN! ROBIN! Hold off the goons, I'll get the boss!" Batman ordered. Nightwing, Red hood and Red robin were controlling the perimeter while Robin, Y/HN and Batman were inside.

The two started to take down each of the goons one by one. Damian finished off his attackers much faster than Y/n, which was unusual. Damian observed Y/n for a while. Something was defiantly wrong.

"Get in the game Y/HN!" Damian called as she turned around to him, oblivious to the goon behind her aiming a gun at her back.

"Y/HN!" Damian called as he shoved her out of the way and knocked the gun out of the attack's hand. He grabbed his arm and flipped him onto his back, knocking him out.

"ARE YOU TRYING TO GET YOURSELF KILLED?" He yelled at her. She stiffened up and looked at the floor.
"Go back to the cave. We'll discuss this when we return." He said as he ran off to help his father.

Tears formed in her eyes as she ran to her motorcycle and raced back to the cave.

Timeskip-

Later on her family returned from the mission, clearly not happy. She had changed into a pair of sweatpants and an old t-shirt, while the boys were still in costume.
"What happened Y/n?!" Jason asked as he pulled off his helmet.
She stayed silent and looked at the floor.
"What's been up with you recently! Your changing." Dick said.

She was still silent as tears welled up in her eyes. Bruce noticed this.

"Boys, upstairs. Now. " he said sternly. The boys all trails off upstairs, leaving Bruce and Y/n alone.

Bruce pulled down his cowl and slowly made his way over to her.
"I'm fine." She said quietly, sniffing.

Without saying a word he wrapped his arms around his daughter, hugging her tightly. She broke down in his arms, crying into his shoulder.
"I-I'm sorry dad" she choked out.
"Shhhhh. It's ok. " he said, stroking her hair.
"Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" He asked gently.

"I-I don't want to-to be a hero anymore" she sobbed.

Bruce was taken back by this. She had always been so insistent on being a hero, and now she doesn't want it?

He pulled away from him and wiped her eyes.

"Ever since scarecrow kidnapped me... I've been scared of going outside. I-I didn't want to disappoint you. " she said quietly.

He put his hands in her shoulders. "You are not a disappointment and you never will be. The boys will understand, and I won't make you do this if you don't want to." He said.

She gave him a small smile.

"I'll tell them what's going on. You go and get some sleep." He said, kissing her on the forehead.

She smiled and made her way upstairs. She knew that whatever happened next, her family would be there and still love her the same.