•chapter seven•

A/N: Grab tissues y'all. It's getting real

******************

Jayce and Angel had previous engagements today so you had to work on choreography with Eden all by yourself. You weren't particularly looking forward to five PM.

    "I have a quick meeting today and then I'll be back to work on music with Rafa," Daveed said, quickly kissing your cheek as you sat at the dining room table enjoying your Cesar salad.

    "Four as usual, right?" you asked.

    "Actually, I called him and rescheduled it to five. The meeting might run long. I love you!" he called as he ran out the door.

    Boredom got the best of you at around 3:45 and you poured yourself a little bit of brandy before lying down on the couch. A nice nap seemed perfect in the moment until the doorbell rang. It was four o'clock. No one was supposed to be here for another hour.

    "Hey, (Y/N)," Rafael greeted. He adjusted the strap of his laptop case higher onto his shoulder.

    "Hey, Rafa. What are you doing here?"

    "It's four o'clock. Diggs and I always have music stuff at four."

    "He told me that he called you and rescheduled."

    "No, he didn't," Rafael replied. "I haven't talked to Diggs since Palm Springs."

    "Oh."

    "Maybe he meant to call but never did. It's all good."

    "He might be home soon. Wanna come in?" you asked. You felt bad that he'd been stood up.

    You led him to the in-home music studio where the two usually worked and watched Rafael set up as you texted your boyfriend. He didn't text back which wasn't a surprise.

    "Did you have any plans because I don't want you to have to babysit me," Rafael said.

    "No, I'm waiting for Eden. We're working on her little project."

    "Nice. When's she supposed to be over?"

    "Five. Maybe Daveed will be home by then."

    "Hopefully. But in the meantime, do you wanna hear a potential single for Diggs's album?" Rafael asked, turning on the speakers.

    "Of course."

    "It's called 'Trappers' and it still needs some mixing so it's rough, but here it is."

    Rafael let you hear about four more songs and you two talked about anything you could for what seemed like eternity. It was half passed five and no one else came home.

    "Well, this was a waste of time," you concluded as you helped Rafael pack his belongings. "I'll kick Daveed's ass just for you."

    "I'm honored," Rafael joked. "Sorry Eden never showed up too. This is weird."

    An unsettling feeling sank to the bottom of your stomach as every worst case scenario ran through your head. This couldn't be happening.

    As you were walking Rafael to the door, he stopped. "It would be so rude of me to let you sit here and wonder where the fuck everyone is so I'm gonna tell you some things, okay?" he blurted out.

    You stood there absolutely dumbfounded but nodded. "Sure."

    "You might wanna sit down and get a drink. Bring me one too."