•chapter eighteen•

A/N: Hello friends!! I know I've been MIA for a while but school has been wild lately and it's been hard to get time to write but I'm back!! Enjoy!

************************

The majority of your days were spent dancing, sleeping, and crying. You'd dance until you remembered how sad you were, then lay down and cry yourself to sleep.

Surprisingly, you hadn't had a drink in a while. The house didn't have any alcohol and there was no way you were showing your face out there. You poured orange juice into a shot glass instead.

Soccer seemed to understand your sadness because he always made sure to lay close to you whenever you were crying. He always slept next to you as well, whether it was on the floor or the bed. You never thought you'd love a dog so much.

While in the middle of a yoga session in your living room, the doorbell rang. Soccer barked per usual and disturbed the peace you were trying to establish. This was your first visitor since you moved and to be honest, you weren't thrilled.

Soccer got to the door before you did. He probably would have answered it if he could.

You opened the door just to find that no one was there. You were almost upset for wasting energy. Then you saw the envelope on your doormat. You were convinced it was from Daveed but opened it anyway.

(Y/N),

I know it's been rough for you lately but I'm here for you in case you forgot.

I wrote this to invite you to a party I'm hosting at my house on Saturday night. It might be good for you to get out of the house but don't show if you don't want to. If you do, however, come say hi. Pics, or it didn't happen.

Text me when/if you show.

-R

A loud, crowded house party was the last place you wanted to be but you decided you'd go for the hell of it.

Nothing in your closet gave you the look you were going for so of course, you had to go shopping. You were nervous to leave your house, however, in fear of being seen by the paparazii and you definitely didn't need a Daily Mail article on how disheveled and depressed Daveed Diggs's ex is.

Then you thought about cute you'd look in a red dress and your Louboutin heels so you threw on a sweatshirt.

The glam squad came by the night of the party to do your hair and makeup and nostalgia hit you hard. You missed catching Daveed steal glances at you and telling you how beautiful you looked. You two had more good times than bad.

You decided to drive yourself to this event after contemplating whether or not to call Jayce, the only friend you had left. You grabbed your keys and glanced in the mirror one last time.

Your red satin dress was classy but also very badass, especially with the open back. The classic red-bottomed Louboutin's on your feet had to be at least six inches tall but you didn't mind.

You prepared yourself for the possibility of Daveed being there which almost made you sick. You thought of a hundred things to say but then realized you don't owe him anything. You were going to this party to have a good time, not to put up with him. And if you did run into him, you promised to be civil and strong. Tears were not going to fall in front of him and you were not getting aggressive.

The party was in full effect when you arrived and the valet took your car when you pulled up. You could feel your stomach churning as you walked to the entrance.