•chapter eleven•

"And then I was like 'So do you wanna be with me or not?' and he just stood there like an idiot so I walked away! I don't have time for someone who shows interest in me and then doesn't all of a sudden, you know?"

    "Yeah." You flipped through dresses on the rack and picked up ones to try on. Angel talked more than anyone you knew and as much as you loved him, you really wanted him to shut up sometimes.

    "So what's going on it (Y/N)topia?" He finally turned the conversation over to you.

    "Nothing."

    "Why are you shopping for cocktail dresses? Where are you going?"

    You sighed and turned to your friend. "Eden invited Daveed to a yacht party."

    "Damn..."

    "Which means I have to go so the least I can do is look bad as fuck," you said, picking up a black jumpsuit. The drop neckline and open back was everything you were looking for.

    You requested a fitting room and tried on the jumpsuit for size and it fit perfectly. You could already imagine what shoes and bag to pair with it. The stans would love it.

    "Are you buying all this too?" Angel asked, holding up the dresses you picked up earlier.

    "It's not my money," you scoffed, making your way toward the register.

    You used to only be able to dream about spending a thousand dollars in one place but your dreams became reality when you started dating Daveed Diggs. He didn't always like it when you spent money but he's the one who gave you his credit card and PIN number. Besides, why do you have money if you can't spend it?

    "How do you feel about these shoes?" you asked Angel when you got home. You turned around so he could see the full outfit.

    "They're just like Taylor Swift, honey. Basic," he replied, as he lifted Soccer onto his lap.

    "I'm throwing these away." You kicked the heels off and tried on a different pair.

    "Bitch, where is your man?" he sighed, giving you an annoyed look.

    You admired your reflection in the floor to ceiling mirror. "I don't know. Why are you so obsessed?"

    "You should probably call him. Hopefully, he's at work."

    You knew that's what you needed to do but you couldn't find the strength to do so. You knew he wasn't going to answer you and you could feel the pain in your heart already.

    However, you picked up your phone anyway and dialed his number.

    "Hey, it's Daveed. Sorry I can't talk right now but leave a message and I'll return your call as soon as I can. Peace."

    His little laugh at the end of his voicemail always made your heart flutter.

    You sent several texts before officially giving up and looking back at Angel. He looked as sad as you felt.

    "Call and text him a lot during this time. See if you notice a pattern, okay?" he suggested. "At least you can start gathering receipts so when you go off on his ass he can't say you don't have proof."

    "Yeah. Thanks."

    "Take care of yourself. I love you so much, okay?"

    You nodded and he smiled before exiting the room. The only time you really believed an "I love you" was when it came from him.