•chapter twenty-two•

Kinda felt like this song symbolizes (Y/N)'s character development and I also love Miss Grande so read and enjoy sorry for talking so much

*****

Angel came over at noon the next day with his locally world famous hangover remedy. You hated it and it usually made you feel worse than you already did but you drank it anyways. You felt like you owed him, especially after your falling out.

    "Things got rough, huh?" Angel asked as he watched you force the concoction down your throat.

    "Yeah," you winced. The aftertaste was horrendous. "Really rough. I can't believe he let her get what she wanted. I thought he was better than that."

    "Men suck, what did you expect?"

    You shrugged. "True."

    "It was weird having to get your business from Twitter or Jayce. I missed hearing it from your mouth, you know?"

    You grinned. "I missed telling you. I never should've let you go. It was the alcohol and the mess with Eden that clouded my judgement. It's still no excuse but I'd never let you go if I wasn't going through it. You're my best friend."

    Angel reached for your hand from across the table. "It's okay, I understand. But now that you're working on getting sober it better not happen again. Drunk (Y/N) gets a pass but sober (Y/N) does not."

    "Deal."

    "So what's going on with Mr. Casal because he seemed handsy last night."

    "What? Nothing." You sipped on the drink and nearly choked.

    "Does he like you or something?"

    "Why are we talking about this?"

    "I never expected him to be a rebound type of guy. I think he's into you."

    You rolled your eyes. "Please stop."

    "If he asked you out would you say yes?"

    You sighed. "Angel..."

    "Answer me."

    The doorbell rang almost on cue. Angel stood up. "I'll get it. You're so lucky, you drunk bitch."

    "I missed you too."

    You heard Angel gasp all the way from the dining room. He insisted that the visitor come in and you hoped you looked presentable. Angel came back with Rafael who had a bouquet of roses in hand. Angel dribbled an air basketball and shot it into an air hoop. "Rebound!" he mouthed.

    "Hey, (Y/N)," Rafael greeted.

    "Hey. Nice flowers."

    "Oh yeah, they're yours," he stammered, holding them out to you.

    "Wow, thank you."

    "Rebound!" Angel whispered.

    "Put these in a vase, will you, Angel?" you requested, shoving the flowers in his face.

    "Bitch."

    "Hurry, before they wilt!"

    Angel took the flowers and searched the kitchen for a vase. Rafael took a seat at the table.

    "Glad to see you're not wasted," Rafael said.

    "Yeah, that was really bad last night."

    "Coulda been worse," he shrugged. "Don't sweat it."

    "Thanks for bringing me home by the way. That was sweet."