Ch.36 -Cabin In the Woods

Dru-

I was sitting in my room. Murtagh had trusted me enough to give back my sword, but I hadn't touched it since I laid it on my dresser. I had just sat down and thought. It was still the middle of the day, but discussing the event had totally drained me of any energy. Right now I just wanted to lay down and sleep. I sighed and rolled over, watching the door. It was silent, except for the faint whisper of the occasional set of feet, from elves passing by. I managed to get up, maybe water or something to eat would help me settle down.

I still had the knot of anxiety in my gut, and it made me uneasy. The door swung open on silent hinges. The elves were amazing architects. They were always so quiet as well, and always knew when someone was coming, it was strange, but I was used to it.

Down the hall....two lefts and a right..I had everything in Tialdari Hall memorized, and most of the city as well. The dining hall was fairly large, and the walls were made from the trees, while the ceiling was from branches and leaves. The trunks and branches subtly faded until you were outside in the garden. I loved the flowers, and plants that normally wouldn't grow in the heart of the forest thrived due to magic and tender care.

Through the garden was the city. I actually had lost my appetite all of a sudden, and wanted to find Luke or Mikael. I only knew that they had also seen the...phoenix...and I didn't know if they were okay. Mikael in particular.. I'd have to ask Alice if she was alright as well. Arya and Murtagh hadn't said if she had been harmed, and I wanted to make sure.

I paused to look at a small red lily, floating in a pond among other flowers. There was no telling what the garden had, and even then, I had been through here many times and I had never seen this flower before, as if they changed every instance you happened to walk through. At least, I hadn't seen this particular flower. Maybe one like it, but of a different color.

I looked away from the flower long enough to remember what I had originally been doing. I straightened, and set off in my search.

First I checked in with Arya, she hadn't seen them since they had left. Now it was more of a chase. Where would Luke go.....The Crags? It was an idea at least, I could find Mikael, Alice and Luna later. I didn't know where Lothlorien was anyway....I hadn't even spoken to him since before I had left to go and sit by the lake. So I cast out a line of though, small and minuscule, virtually undetected by anyone else. Unless you were looking. Within seconds of the extension, I was hit with a wave of concern, relief and anger.

Loth? Is that you?

Dru! Who else could it be, you idiot?

Jeez, what's wrong?

What's wrong is what happened! You shouldn't have taken off on your own like that, and maybe I could've helped you in some way! I haven't been allowed to talk to you until now!

Where are you?

Above. I heard a quiet sound, a softened trumpet of joy and anger. Then a cloud above parted, and i beheld a hide of golden scale and glory. Then he halted and remained hovering. Dru, if you want me to join you you're going to have to go somewhere more open. Arya was..irritated last time I crushed some of the flowers.

Oh. Sorry.

Don't be sorry just move!

Alright alright. I sprinted out of the garden and into a clearing close by, the trees had been sung into a clearing for this exact purpose, if a dragon needed to land close by. With a few beats Loth descended and landed with a loud boom that made the earth shake. I approached him, and he immediately pounced on me. Not hard, but enough to knock me over under his paws. Loth!?