Prologue

"Mom, Mom!" yelled the eight year old Goten.

''Yes, sweetie," Chi-Chi lovingly answered her youngest son.

"Can Trunks spend the night at our house tonight? We already asked his mom and she said okay! You should say okay? PLEASE?" Goten asked excitedly and incredibly quick. He has always been the hyper one out of the two. Trunks tended to be the one that kept him balanced.

"Well, if Bulma said okay …" Chi-Chi stopped mid-sentence to think what she was about to say.

'Do I really want another little Saiyan running around my house, breaking things, and eating all my food?' Chi-Chi thought to herself. 'Well, Goku and Gohan are out on that camping trip with Krillin, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have another Saiyan here to fill the void.'

"I don't see any reason why not," The loving house-wife finished.

With that Goten jumped for joy and ran out the back door. He leapt into the air and began to fly. He was on his way to Capsule Corp to give Trunks the good news.

....

He knew he could've just called but was too happy to stand still on the phone. Plus, he had been stuck with his mom for almost a week. All she did was coo over him and say things like: "Oh, Goten I guess you're the only one who loves me! Your brother and father just forgot about me, but you... you Goten, you love me!"

Just thinking about it sent a shiver down his spine.

When Goten finally made it to Capsule Corp, he ran straight for the doorbell and began his brutal assault.

DING-DONG. DING-DONG. DING-DONG. DING-DONG. DING-DONG.

Bulma knew exactly who that was; it was Goten. Every time the little demi-Saiyan came over he practically murdered the doorbell. The blue haired scientist reached into the drawer in her lab labeled "He's Back". She pulled out her ear plugs which she located under band-aids and a big bottle of Vodka.

Bulma began to walk towards the door and screamed over the excessive ringing, "I'm coming!" Even though the bell was ringing so much and so loud, Goten heard her loud vocals, so he stopped.

'I don't know why he's here but if Chi-Chi,' Bulma's long-time best friend 'thought he was going to stay here, she had another thing coming.'

She opened the door to find Goten standing in the door frame ever-so-patiently, as if he hadn't just paralyzed her doorbell, with his hands behind his back rocking from the heel of his feet back to the front.

"Hi Ms. Bulma, is Trunks here? My mom said it was okay for him to stay over. Where is he?" Goten asked, sliding his head into the house while looking in every direction.

"Oh, that's great, Goten." Bulma really meant that. Seeing as how it had been forever since it was just her and Vegeta.

"Why don't you just wait on the couch? They should be out of the Gravity Room any second now," Bulma told the overly excited child.

"Okay, well, can it be right now because I just can't wait!" Goten said in a whiny voice, stretching the last two words.

"I'll see what I can do," she said mischievously before turning around and marching down the hall to the Gravity Room. The blue haired genius began beating on the GR's entrance screaming at the top of her lungs.

"Help, help me! Vegeta, Trunks... aaaahhhhh!"

Vegeta and Trunks heard her screams loud and clear. They both stopped sparring and ran straight to the door bursting it open. By doing so they caused Bulma to fly back and hit the wall. The two Saiyans both turned to the wall where Bulma was planted star fishing, limbs stretched out. They began laughing hysterically.

"Ha, ha, very funny," she voiced sarcastically. "Trunks, Goten is here to see you."

"Alright! Awesome! Goten's here! Dad, can I go see him, please?"

"Hmph." Vegeta looked like he was thinking really hard. He didn't really like Trunks hanging out with Kakarrot's spawn. Especially since stupid might be contagious, but it was time for a break from training anyway.

"Alright, but when you get back from where ever it is you're going we get back to training. Got it?" He said firmly, but with a smirk at the end of his sentence to let his son know he wasn't angry.

"Wow, thanks dad!" Trunks was barely, if ever, allowed to play during training time.

'I hope whatever it is Goten wants is worth almost getting my Dad angry with me.'

....

"What's up, Goten?" Trunks said in his usual cool way.

"Hey Trunks, you can spend the night at my house! Come on! Let's go!" Goten insisted whilst pulling Trunks' right arm.

"Hold on, Goten! Slow down! I've got to get my clothes and my toys," said Trunks; trying to calm his exceedingly eager counterpart, but the mention of toys only made things worse.

"Oh boy, you're bringing your toys! I mean, my toys are fun but your toys.." Before Goten could finish Trunks put his hand over his best friend's mouth.

"Goten, listen very closely..." Goten nodded.

"Did you get into Gohan's sodas again?" Trunks lifted his hand very carefully.

"Yeah so what's..." Trunks cut him off again.

"I told you Goten, that stuff makes you loony!" The last time Goten drank three cases of soda and was literally bouncing off the walls.

"Oh well, let's get ready to go to your place."

After Trunks was finished packing, he and Goten said good-bye to everyone. They were on their way to the the Son home.

(I know I know.. its rubbish but it'll get better! Scouts Honor!)