Chapter 2: Guess Goten Was Right

Goten woke up to the sound of footsteps coming from outside his room. 'Huh' he thought, 'Mommy shouldn't be up yet.'

He got out of bed, being careful not to step on Trunks, and walked to his bedroom door. He reached his arm out to open the door. Without any effort from his part, it opened on its own.

"Uuummm," He let slip, confused. Goten was certain he hadn't touched to door knob. Goten leaned towards the door and peeped through the crack with one eye.

"H-hello?" He stuttered out. Suddenly, the door swung open all the way. Out of nowhere, Goten was grabbed. Something that felt like a needle penetrated his neck.

"Hey... what the... ," He trailed off before losing consciousness.

....

Trunks awoke to the sound of a thump and footsteps. Startled, he jumped up into a fighting stance. His dad said to always be on guard, and he was.

"Who's there?!" Trunks bellowed at the empty room. Realizing that this enemy isn't going to jump out and announce their whereabouts, Trunks approached the door. Turning around, he saw Goten wasn't in bed anymore.

Trunks powered up his ki until there was a white aura surrounding him. He figured if the opposition could sense ki they'd get so scared at how awesome his power was and run away. That and he was getting creeped out and needed some light.

He felt someone else's ki rise and he knew it wasn't Goten.

'Who is that? Their ki is incredible.' Thought the young prince. This guy was WAY too strong to be Goten; at least that's how Trunks saw it. Realizing this, Trunks became wide eyed with fear.

'Okay. Okay, calm down, Trunks. Think ...what would dad do? He'd probably blow up the whole Son home as a solution.' But he couldn't just do that. His stuff was here too.

Being deep in thought, Trunks realized he was exposed - just like this afternoon when he was sparring with Goten. His thoughts claimed him as a victim as he felt the painful pierce of a sharp object into his neck.

"Night-night, Trunks."

That was the last thing Trunks heard before his body gave into the enveloping blackness.