Chapter 1: Having A Blast

As soon as they landed in front of the Son's house, Goten burst through the front door and yelled loudly for his mother. He wanted to get out and spar with Trunks as soon as physically possible.

"Mom, I'm back with Trunks. We're going to go outside to spar now!" Goten turned and started pushing Trunks back out the door. Giving him just enough time to drop his bags on the floor.

"Okay, just make sure you're back in time for dinner!" Chi-Chi shouted back from their kitchen before making her way into living room. "Oh, and play nice," She demanded more than suggested.

"We'll try," Trunks stated; now having to change battle tactics to something a little more PG-13.

....

Once outside, the spar began instantly. Trunks threw the first punch, trying to catch Goten's right cheek. Goten blocked it relatively easy. The sudden act of defense caught Trunks off guard. He knew Goten was training with both Goku and Gohan- Gohan on occasions, since he was always studying- but this... this was ridiculous. Goten was never able to block his first attack.

Goten noticed that Trunks was distracted by his thoughts, so he kneed him in the gut, sending him flying back into the forest. This infuriated Trunks causing him to turn into super saiyan. Goten sensed Trunks ki rise to super saiyan, so he turned too. While transformed, Trunks flew out of the forest. At full speed he head butted Goten in his gut. Spit flew from his mouth upon impact and he fell back onto the ground.

Trunks wasn't done yet. This was just pay back. He powered up a ki blast; aiming at the grounded demi-saiyan. Trunks was unsuccessful in hitting him. In the nick of time, Goten dodged the blast.

"I thought I had him!" Trunks growled through his teeth, turning enough to see Goten stick his tongue out at him.

"Too bad Trunks, I'm too fast for you!" Goten teased.

"Yeah right, it's just because of those sodas!" Trunks said, defending his abilities.

"Maybe you're right, but either way I still dodged it!" Goten answered in a whiny tone that irritated Trunks further.

"Oh, you're right. You dodged THAT one ...but not THIS one!" He suddenly charged up another ki-blast and threw it.

"HA!"

Goten screeched before getting hit on his shoulder with the surprise ki-ball. "No fair, Trunks!"

Goten was just about to send his own ki-ball back at Trunks. As he was charging it Chi-Chi called out, "Boys, dinner is ready!"

Goten stopped in an instant and dropped his guard. "OOOH...Yummy dinner ready!" Goten cheered. He and Trunks descended from super saiyan to their normal forms and flew to the house.

"Oh boy, I'm starving!" Goten said plopping into his seat next to Trunks, who sat in his seat politely waiting for Chi-Chi to finish up their plates. He was trying his best not to show how happy he was to finally have a good home cooked meal. Usually when his mom tried to cook ...let's just say they ended up eating out.

"Thank you Mrs. Son," Trunks said before losing his self-control and began stuffing food in his mouth.

"Yeah, thanks mom!" Goten tried to say with a mouthful of meat loaf. Instead it came out sounding muffled and forced: "Mmeah, mamks moem!"

WHACK!

"OW!" Goten cried out; rubbing his head where a lump was now forming.

"Don't speak with your mouth full!" Chi-Chi rebuked him after sending Goten's head spinning with a frying pan, "and you're both very welcome," she finished in a voice far sweeter than before.

....

After eating dinner Trunks and Goten went upstairs to play. They played kings and dragons and cowboys and Indians but eventually they just ended up watching television. Soon it became a game of who van win the battle against inevitable slumber.

"Night, Goten," Trunks said from his blue sleeping bag.

"Yeah, goodnight Trunks!" Goten said with enthusiasm from each word.

"Why are you so... happy?" Trunks asked, knowing that usually Goten was sad that he had to go to sleep.

"I don't know. It seems like tonight will be fun for some reason."

"Oh... okay," Trunks said before falling asleep. He didn't really care enough to ask why. To him Goten was just overly excitable for no reason. He closed his eyes and welcomed sleep.

(This was probably and ounce better than the prologue...I'm trying my best...10 year old me SUCKS! XD)