Chapter 5: Daddy!

They reached Capsule Corp. about two hours later - two grueling hours that felt like centuries for poor little Trunks, but it was the best time ever for the newfound best buds, Goten and Shalay. That was until Goten realized how hungry he was, then it was whining the entire way back.

"Ooh, I'm starving!" He moaned, stomach growling.

"Look Goten everyone's hungry so stop whining. It isn't helping."

"Sorry, Trunks. I'm just so… oh, we're here! Time to eat!" Goten suddenly cried out with relief.

They all landed and decided it'd be best to go in the back door, since it was closest to the kitchen, of course. As soon as they got inside, Shalay ran straight to the fridge. She began grabbing everything she could eat uncooked. Shalay was no Saiyan, but she was nowhere near eating at a human's pace either.

Trunks shot Goten a look. They exchanged glances and both shrugged, deciding to follow her lead. While they were tearing the kitchen apart, Vegeta heard them from the Gravity Room.

"Blasted woman," Vegeta muttered, annoyed by the disturbance, assuming Bulma was trying to cook again. He approached the kitchen.

To his surprise -though he'd never dare show it - he saw Trunks and Kakarot's whelp emptying the fridge. The apparent neko between them is what really got his attention.

"Why are you brats here? And what is that?" Vegeta spat rudely, pointing at Shalay.

"Hey, dad!" Trunks shouted, looking up from his pile of sugary good honey buns. He turned to see what his father was pointing at. "Oh, that's Shalay. We were kidnapped, so we came back here for your help. You know, taking down an evil empire of kid warriors run by a Crane …that sort of thing," he explained, rather casually.

He continued nonchalantly. "Oh, and is Grandma here to cook? We're starving!"

Vegeta frowned. "Yes, she is here." 'Unfortunately for me, she's always talking and breathing my air.' He added mentally.

"I'm not about to fight a bunch of bed wetting brats run by Crane!" Vegeta turned to leave the room, wanting nothing to do with whatever conflict his son got into.

"You've got to help! My daddy and Gohan will be there too," Goten stated.

Vegeta stopped in his tracks - not because he cared what Kakarot's spawn had to say, but because that whining noise the brat made hurt his ears.

"Why should I waste my time with this?" Vegeta knew Kakarot could handle this and he had better things to do. You know, like train and not help people.

"If you help, I'll tell daddy to spar with you!" Goten enthused, knowing full well that Vegeta would not be able to resist this offer.

"Hmm, okay, I will on those terms only." Vegeta made his way out of the room once again. Before leaving, he turned to his son."Trunks, would you be as kind as to get the cat out of the kitchen?" Vegeta added with a smirk.

Shalay hissed. He had some nerve.

"I am not a cat! I'm a girl from a planet called… a planet called?" Shalay stopped right there. 'What was my home planet called again?'What am I?'

"Having trouble remembering, kitty?" Vegeta asked smugly.

"NO! You stupid ape!" Shalay countered.

Vegeta gave an irritated 'humph' and walked away but not before adding, "Bye kitty, kitty."

Shalay's eye twitched before she turned back to the fridge. "Your father is a jerk!"

"I know," Trunks said. "Isn't he great?"

"Oh no!" Goten looked horrified. "My… mom… I… tell her…oh no. Frying Pan… NO!" He had forgotten to go straight home after grabbing a quick snack.

Goten flew out of the back door at a speed a super Saiyan would be jealous of. He was headed home to face to music. The terribly scary music.