Chapter 7: Sneaking in to TRY and break out

Two hours passed and the group, except Bulma and Chi-Chi, landed on the side of the prison-like building with the 'Crane Army' billboard practically in lights.

"Wow! This place is well hidden - you know, for a place with a billboard that gives away the leader and motives to anyone who drives by," Vegeta said sarcastically.

"Ha-ha, right. Dad, I thought you said this guy was smart?" Gohan added.

"Anyone's smart to Kakarot," Vegeta implied.

"WH-what? That's not very nice! But you are probably right," Goku interjected. He really did think Crane was smarter than putting his name in lights. "It's strange that he's so blunt about it." Goku scratched his neck.

"Who cares if he is or isn't hiding it? He's still an evil creep-o!" Trunks said, ready for action.

Goku was deep in thought - this made no sense to him. There had to be something up.

"Hey, Trunks, when you fought those guards to escape, did they go down easy?" Goku was so deep in the land of thought that his face was scrunched up. This had to be the reason. What other reason was there?

"Yeah so-" Trunks was cut off by Gohan.

"Exactly as I thought," said the intelligent demi-saiyan.

"It's a trap!" Vegeta shouted as if on cue, given the fact that there were hundreds of little alien warriors approaching their own rescuers with laser guns. The variety of creatures that had been captured astounded them all, besides Shalay. It was almost like a rainbow of little cute children. Well cute armed children.

'Just great,' thought Vegeta. He did one good thing to just help out and now those he was supposed to be 'helping' were ambushing him. He let out a scoff at their feeble attempt of an attack. He was The Prince of all Saiyans, not some amateur karate instructor.

"Ah, Goku isn't it?" A voice came from the mist of children.

"Show yourself, Crane! We know it's you!" Goku yelled, trying to sense Crane's energy, but he couldn't. He knew Crane was here, but couldn't sense him.

"Well, of course you do, Goku," Crane spoke while emerging from the swarm. "You know the billboard and all. I wanted you to know so you'd underestimate me. I mean, do you really think I'm THAT stupid-"

"Yes, yes I do. Did you really believe a bunch of half pint brats were even able to be considered a match for any of us?" Crane was cut off by none other than the Prince himself.

"Aw, but Vegeta, you should never underestimate one by their size." Crane eyed Vegeta up and down and added, "I thought you'd know that best."

Trunks could see Vegeta's blood boiling. He knew what his Dad was going to say - his speech about how he was built for agility and speed, and blah-blah-blah.

"I'll have you know I was-" Vegeta stopped mid-sentence because of Trunks' outburst.

"Hey, old bird! You said 'don't underestimate by size'! Well, then you shouldn't underestimate us," He exclaimed, pointing to himself, then to Goten.

"Oh?" Crane stated with curiosity evident in his voice.

"Yeah!" Goten shouted in agreement with Trunks.

"Goten, let's fuse, now!" Trunks demanded excitedly.

"Sure thing, Trunks."

Following their last statement, Crane quirked an eyebrow. Fuse- what's a fuse? No matter. He had an army. Nothing a bunch of alien children warriors couldn't handle, right?