Chapter 4: Explaination

"So ...why am I here anyway?" Goten asked Shalay.

"I don't know for sure, but the word on the cell block is they pick up the best kid fighters from all over the universe to train their minds-"

"What does that mean?" Goten interrupted.

"Hey, Goten, I know we just met so I'm going to go easy on you." She paused to continue slowly. "Anyhow, they want to create the best army EVER." Shalay took a breather and shugged, "But, hey, it could just be a rumor."

"Oh, okay," Goten said, not knowing what to expect from her next or anything else for that matter. He's a little kid trapped in a cell with another kid, who just so happens to be a blonde-warrior-neko-thingy. Suddenly they heard blasts and screams coming from the hall way.

"Hey, Goten?"

"Yeah, Shalay."

"You said your friend Trunks was strong, right?"

"Yup, like super strong. I am too."

What Goten just said about Trunks sent shivers down her spine. 'I hope he's nice too.'

"Well, does he like strangers, by any chance?"

"Maybe, he will like you because you're my friend."

What did he mean by 'maybe'? It was a simple yes or no answer. Now she was nervous. Maybe he was stronger than her? GULP. That would not be good. "Okay." Shalay responded numbly.

Afterward the door opened and revealed Trunks in Super Saiyan form. Shalay's eye began to twitch by the immense power and appearance he presented. Oh, Kami, he did look strong! She felt overwhelmed until he powered down. Her thoughts changed.

P-purple hair! HAHAHAHA! What kind of warrior has purple - no wait - lavender hair?!'

"Trunks!"

"Goten!" The best friends ran to each other, happy to see the other was alright.

"Whoa, did you do all of that?" Goten asked, peeking into the hall way with busted windows, holes in walls and knocked out guards.

"Yep, beautiful, isn't it?" Trunks smiled rather smugly, admiring his handy work. Daddy would be so proud. "Who's the chick, Goten?" he asked, noticing the blonde girl with pigtails, cat ears and a tail.

"Oh, that's my new friend, Shalay."

"HI!" Shalay greeted cheerfully.

"Hn," was all Trunks had to say to her. "How do you know she's not the enemy, Goten?" Trunks whispered to his partner.

"I know, see?" he said, turning to Shalay, "Are you the enemy?" he asked kindly.

"No, I'm your friend," she said matter-of-factly. "Honestly, Goten, we just went over this, remember?"

"Well, if she's okay with you, she can come." Before Shalay got too happy, Trunks added, "But I'm watching you."

"YAY!" Goten and Shalay exclaimed simultaneously.

'Oh god, there's two of them!' Poor, poor Trunks.

They left the room and idly started to walk down the hallway.

"Wait! I have a question." It was something he barely got to say, being the son of a genius. After all, a Prince never asked for anything - he just gets what he wants.

"Yes, Trunks?" Shalay sounded polite.

"Can you fight? If not, there really is no need of you bei-" Before Trunks could continue, Shalay cut him off.

"Wh-what?! Of course I can! I wouldn't be alive if I couldn't! Is it because I'm a girl that you think I can't FIGHT?!" Shalay yelled. She flashed her feline like sharp teeth at him. Her eyes twitched, her tail lashed behind her madly, and claws started to form on her fingertips.

"H-how dare you questions my abilities!" she hissed at Trunks and turned her back to him. At this point Trunks was scared of her and was backing away from her slowly.

"N-no, it wasn't like that! I just wanted to know!" Trunks tried to defend himself.

Insulted, she huffed then turned to him. "Okay." All her anger suddenly vanishing.

They continued down the hallway. They sensed a large amount of ki's coming their way so they picked up some pace. They made it out of the building and began to fly away.

"Look!" Goten said, pointing at a big sign that read 'Crane Army'.

"Crane. Where do I know that from?" Trunks mused, mostly to himself.

"I know!" Goten squealed." Tien and Chautzu used to be Crane's students. They're the rivals of the Turtle School. My daddy always said that Master Crane was an extremely power hungry man." Trunks looked at Goten in shock, surprised that someone like Goten would actually remember that much information.

"So you're saying this Crane-guy is the one making the army?" Shalay clarified for herself, outraged.

"Yup," Goten answered.

"Aw man! We've got to get back home and tell everyone!" Trunks said hastily.

The trio began heading in the direction of Capsule Corp. They would inform Vegeta first, then Goku and Gohan. Trunks' dad wasn't half as scary as a furious Chi-Chi and Goten just knew she was angry.