Chapter 20- away from each other we go

Claire's POV

I ran to the front of the helicopters and screamed at the pilot who was pushing lots of random buttons.

"I need to get off!" I screamed in his ear and he turned around with a scared expression.

"I'm sorry mam but-" I cut him off. "My daughter is getting in the wrong helicopter!" I yelled.

My voice shakes as I said that and my eyes burned with tears.

"I'm sorry but the Texas helicopter is getting ready to leave and it's just too dangerous." Replied the pilot.

"But she's 5!" I yelled.

The man got annoyed, pushed me out of his cabin, shut the door, and locked it.

"Please fasten your seatbelts. We are leaving and preparing for takeoff in 3...2....1!" Said the captain over the loudspeaker.

"No!" I screamed and started to cry. The helicopter took off and we were in the sky.

I looked down at the sea below and saw that Bella was looking out the window and waving.

I hugged Caleb and I wept into his shoulder the whole way.

Things were just not going well on this trip.

*************************************

Bella's POV

I held mommy's hand as we exited the plane.

We waited on the wing of the airplane for rescue helicopters that the pilot had called.

After waiting for a few minutes, the first helicopters came.

I looked at the first one that came. Texas was the name printed on the side.

Mom let go of my hand for a second to take care of crying Ryan and I wandered over to the helicopter.

I had seen a show about Texas on tv before. I had always wondered what it would be like to love in the Wild West with the cowboys.

I got excited and decided to enter when I realized that I had to board the Oregon helicopter.

Mom and Dad and the babies all entered another airplane and I saw that they were looking for me.

I saw them look out the window and they saw me in the Texas plane.

Mom started to cry.

Their plane took off and I suddenly knew that I was heading to a different place that mommy and daddy.

And that was not home.