Chapter 13- what?!?

Claire's POV

We were driving along the pitch black road with Annie behind us when the police started to shoot at Annie's tires.

Annie swerved left to right but it still didn't work. She wanted Ryan. Bad.

We took a sharp turn on the freeway and Annie still chased us. "I want the baby brat back!" Annie screamed behind us.

I just sped up and then when Annie couldn't see us we turned into a house's parking lot.

We got out really quick and I pulled out Chloe and Ryan's booster seat out as Caleb got Bella.

We ran up to the house's door and rang the doorbell about 1,000,000 times.

A kind-looking lady opened the door with a startled look and I yelled, "We'll explain, just let us in, please!"

The woman finally opened up the door wider and she rushed us inside.

She shut the door behind her and locked it. I started to explain. "There is a woman named Annie that is chasing us and trying to take this baby." I said pointing to Ryan.

The lady nodded quickly with understand and then said, "can i get you some tea? Milk? Juice? Coffee?"

We made our decisions. "Well, anyway I would like tea please, and Bella wants juice, Caleb coffee, and Chloe and Ryan would prefer milk. Thank you."

The kind lady who looked to be Caleb and I age rushed into the kitchen and got our drinks.

She brought them out and then sat down on the beautiful leather couch to join us.

"Now would you be so kind to tell us your name?" I asked the happy and kind woman.

She nodded her head and said, "the name is Delaney Waters."

I gulped and looked her up and down. I knew she looked familiar but i hadn't expected her personality to change so much.

Dear Readers,

Doesn't the name look familiar? If it doesn't, look back at part 8 of the book, If Only!

Happy Reading!

~~Reading Charm