Chapter 22- the urgent news

Claire's POV

"Bella!" I screamed as I ran forward and wrapped my arms around her.

She hugged me back and Mel brushed back some hair in her face and smiled. She patted Bella's head and said, "I found this little one in Texas!"

I frowned at Bella. "Can you explain exactly why you were in Texas?"

Bella smirked. "I wanted to see horsies and cowboys!"

I laughed and then picked her up and hugged her some more.

I set her down and then hugged Mel. "Nice to see you again Mel Mel!" I yelped when a car pulled up in my driveway.

The door opened and Derek jumped out the back.

Bella smiled. "I knew you come for me Der Der!"

They hugged and I pulled Bella away. Your too young missy! I thought.

************************************

-7 years later-

Claire's POV

I opened the door and watched as Bella ran out.

"Bye mom!" She said clutching her lunch pail.

She ran to the bus stop and stood next to Derek, her best friend since she was 5.

Chloe ran downstairs in her first-day-of school clothes. "Ready for first grade!"

She turned around and yelled up the stairs. "Let's go Dumb Dumb Ryan!"

Ryan ran downstairs and pushed past Chloe. Chloe fell on the floor. "Hey!" She yelled.

I laughed and picked up Chloe. She squirmed in my arms. "Mom, I'm not a baby!" I smiled. It seemed like she just was a baby.

I drove the kids to school and came home. Caleb was sitting on the couch while 3-year old Logan was sitting on the floor and waving his toys.

Caleb was rocking 3 month old Lilly in his arms.

The phone began to ring and I walked over to pick it up.

"Hello?" I said. The woman answered. "Hi this is Blue Mountain hospital. We have some very urgent news to break to you."