Chapter 12- run until you cant run no more!

Claire's POV

The police guided us through the woods until we finally stopped at a wood house.

"We tracked Annie and it says she's here." Said the police man. I got out of the car and looked up at the house. It was very spooky.

Caleb turned to me and shushed me. "Shhhhhh, listen." I listened very carefully and then I too could hear it.

"Waaaaaa, waaaaa." It was a baby crying. "Shut up stupid baby. If someone were to find us then we get in trouble. Then... I don't get the big bucks." Said a voice. Most likely Annie.

"We're going in." Said a S.W.A.T officer. He found a secret passage around the house and a whole pack of officers went in.

We heard a noise. "Oh officers, if only it was that easy to hand over the baby. First, I want 1,000,000 dollars or the baby is mine."

"That's it, I'm going in." Said Caleb. I held his arm. "No, it's too dangerous!" I yelled.

"I don't care. I would risk my life any day for my baby boy." Caleb said and he went on through the door.

"No Caleb!" I screamed but it was too late. He was already inside. "Oh it's the old cutie of middle school... We meet again Caleb." Said Annie. "I was always jealous when Claire dated you."

"You can never get away with this!" Screamed Caleb and he grabbed Ryan from Annie's hands.

"Give him back!" Screed Annie and I saw Caleb come running out with terrified Ryan in his arm.

"Start the engine!" He yelled and I hopped in the car and quickly started the engine. Caleb hopped in and shut the door.

I drove out of the lot quickly until we were on the road. I looked in the river view mirror. Annie was chasing us!