chapter 9: new home

Elsa POV

I'm on my way to Brisingr Island my supposed home. I look out at the water, if I touch it I might freeze it. I lean against the mast, surveying everything around me.

Then I see it, Brisingr Island. welcome home my queen, says one of the men. so I'm a queen just great, my life can't get any worse. your highness your coronation will be tommorow night says the same man.

As they tie the boat to the docks, I get off. looking around me, every person is cheering, applauding, smiling at me, because they're savior has arrived. when I look around I see a castle and the whole town. I wish Hiccup were here to see this, I think to myself.

As I walk in to the castle, I catch a glimpse of the crown, its blue with one blue sapphire at the top. I am then shoved into a room draped in beautiful silk curtains, I sit on the bed. its the softest bed I've ever sat on. then a lady with an apron opens the door. your highness you should get some rest, says the lady as she tucks me in and leaves the room.

I close my eyes, knowing I won't sleep a wink.

   -------- -------- -------------------------------------------------

Hiccup POV

I walk back home and lie on my bed staring at the ceiling I take off my shoulder pads. toothless is on his rock taking a nap. I remember what Elsa had told me the day before, "my heart will always be yours".

I loved her so much I didn't want her to leave, but it was not my decision. suddenly Merida barges in, Hiccup let's go hunting she says. fine I say and put my shoulder pads back on.

we catch a few deer then head back. she trips and I help her up, her gaze is fixed on me and I feel her lips press against mine. I pull back wiping my lips with my sleeve. what you want some more she says playfully, no I say a bit annoyed. I walk into my house and lay on my bed only thinking of Elsa.