chapter 22: my savior

Hiccup pov

i see her fall and fly down with toothless and tommy to get her. i'm not leaving her behind, we carry her to toothless and fly off to a safe place.

Elsa pov

when i awake i'm in a cave not just any cave. the one me and Hiccup used to hide from Finnick a few months ago. i try and move but can't from the aching in my head. i see Hiccup he's by a fire, trying to warm his hands. Hiccup i whisper, he looks back and sees me. Elsa your okay. ya but what happened, i told you to leave me. no Elsa i couldn't i love you more than anything he says. where's tommy i say. don't worry he's outside playing woth toothless. okay, can you come over here i need to give you something. he walks over and gets close, i edge in pretending to whisper something in his ear and kiss him, its even longer than the last time. you needed that i say. he smiles you neede that he says. hey guys come and see the new trick i taught toothless yells tommy. wait up yell Hiccup.

we walk outside. Hiccup sits on a rock and motions for me to sit. i sit down and tommy starts to show us his trick. he throws three logs in the air with a fish inside of one of them and toothless shoots the one he thinks has the fish. he shoots it and a fish comes flying out. i catch and throw it to toothless.

Hiccup pov

she had finally woken up. she kissed me and we headed outside. tommy showed us his trick and we went back inside the cave.

i got some fish if you wanna fix up something i say. ya okay she says and walks off i sit sharpening the arrows. i'm gonna go outside and play with tommy okay i say okay she says and i leave the cave and join tommy.

Elsa pov

more than anything i wanted to be safe from harms way but i can't. it doesn't work that way. i fix up a stew and serve them in bowls. foods ready i yell out. in a second Hiccup and tommy are both inside the cave ready to eat. i eat all my stew and serve them more when they ask.

before i know it its almost dark. time for bed i say. okay says tommy. i tuck him in and sing:

deep in the meadow, under the willow, a bed of grass, a soft green pillow. lay down your head and close your sleepy eyes here its safe here its warm here your dreams are sweet and tommorow brings them true here is the place where i love you.

i see his eyes are closed and he fell asleep. he's okay i say. i notice a lump in Hiccup's side. whats that lump in your side i ask. oh that thats something he replies. Hiccup let me see please i say. fine i have a knife stuck in my side. Hiccup thats gonna get worse if we don't heal it i say worriedly. fine but be careful he says. i take out the knife and clean his wound. there i say all bandaged up. thank you he says. i kiss him wrapping my arms around his neck. i feel his arms wrap around me as if they were a guard to keep me safe.

good night i say. wait he says. ya i say. he kisses me again i don't hesitate i kiss him back. i need you i say i need you too he says. and we fall asleep in each others arms.