#21 - Teddy Duchamp

A/N: you and teddy are just starting kindergarten, so you're about 5/6 yrs. old

•••

"Bye, Mommy!"

You wave at her, letting her know where you are. She waves back.

"Have fun at school! Make some friends!"

Turning away from your mom, you quietly walk over to a desk and sit down to take in everything.

Some kids are still saying good bye to their parents, some crying, and some even throwing tantrums.

But there was one kid who stood out to you the most.

A small boy just about your age comes bounding towards you, jumping on chairs and tables, and then plopping down in the seat next to you.

"Hi," you say, shyly, "What's your name? I'm (Y/N)."

"My name's Teddy. My dad stormed the beach at Normandy."

His shaggy hair and thick glasses shone brightly in the sunlight coming from the windows.

Although you did not know where Normandy is, you simply say, "Wow."

The kids around you seemed to have settled down, and get into a seat. The seats have names on them.

You checked yours, to make sure you were sitting in the right seat, and you were.

But what about Teddy?

"Teddy?" He turns to look at you.

"We have names on our seats. Are you on your assigned seat?"

He checked, looking at his seat, but instead of saying 'Teddy,' the seat said Milo.

"Teddy, you're on Milo's seat...."

He pouts, crossing around his chest.

"Who cares? I want to sit next to you."

Your cheeks warm up and you giggle, as he smiles back at you.

And that is how you became friends with Teddy Duchamp.

••••

Awwww, what a cutie.

Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸

- C.