Sad Truth

So i learned something in health, and i found out what i truly valued for assignments... i recently found out i'm more prone to Ovarian Cancer and breast cancer and  i cant have kids... and i always dreamed of that white picket fence and those kids with my husband chasing them around... but seems god said i wasn't allowed to pass my genes on... not without dire consequences.. because of a mutated gene... and my heart is broken because of it right now... and i'm currently taking online health to get it over instead of taking it the next school year.. and this was what i put in response to the question.

Question: Think about a very important decision that you may need to make in the next year  Write a 4-6 sentence description of the situation, including details that could influence your decision. Use the to make a responsible decision. Be sure to use the six step format outlined in the course materials provided.  

1. State the situation:

I need to decide how to live my life. I am highly influenced by my constraints from being hearing impaired and my medical history that began when i was only three years old and diagnosed. The long term effects that my cancer had on me today and will continue effecting me are the risks that more cancers will without a doubt follow. Even with healthy diet, and exercise daily there is nothing but a ticking time bomb before it will end. There are so many choices i have but none of them seem to be the ones i really want within my life. There are many positives but more negatives to some my choices.

2. Gather information:

My family and friends and the people i love dearly are greatly effected and involved. I am greatly pressured considering i may not have time on my side. I have as long as i have to life, but i know it precious so i will use my time to the best of my ability.

3. List the options:

List at least 3 possible choices that you could make. Some of these options may clearly NOT be the best choice. Consider the information gathered in step 2.

1. Live life to its fullest

2. Give up

3. Live as long as i can with a good quality of life

4. Consider possible outcomes:

Consider the possible outcomes (positive and negative) of each option listed in step 3.

1. Positive: No regrets will be there

     Negative Ill worry constantly about when its my last chance

2. Positive:Easier on me

     Negative Breaks my family and makes them suffer

3. Positive:There will be less pain for me and my family seeing me suffer

    NegativeI give up the chance to continue living

5. Make a decision and take action:

I will make the choice to live as long as l i can with whatever comes my way at the cost of my quality of living.

6. Evaluate:

The outcome is that i am selfless and would rather myself suffer more than my family. My health could be horrible and id do it in a heartbeat in order to protect those who matter to me. I learned i have the ability to make my own choices that i can live with. If i could do it over again i know id never change my choice of fighting to live for the ones i love everyday they matter to me beyond everything.

Its sad in a way i'm too damn selfless yet i feel selfish, in making them suffer this way... Though either way they suffer i just thought this was the better option in my head... Im still not so sure yet i am....

July 10th, 2017

8:32 pm