Vintage

❁ The little girl runs through her farm house. The barns. The paint is faded, and peeling. Weather before a tornado hits the plains in front of her beautiful deep brown eyes. Her mama calls to her, but the girl does not listen. The grass is pale green, the tornado winds have a certain calming aura. The air and sky is pale grey. Her dress, a faded vintage blue. Her eyes, a soft mixed color of brown. Her hair in luscious braids, falling down onto her middle waist. The girl carries a basket, her small poodle inside. They skip through the storm, the tornado is growing nearer. She runs through the barns, her heart hurting. Broken in two. It's beating and fading. Inside her basket lies needle and thread; essential to her healing. Her heart is collapsing as she runs, her poodle whimpering by her side; which beats in agony.

~

She reaches the furthest barn, where she collapses onto the hay. She hurriedly gropes through her basket, the poodle leaping out and barking softly. The tornado is coming soon, it'll surely rip her heart out for sure. She takes the needle and thread; shining, yet faded. She sticks her tongue out in concentration and slips the thread through the eye, then pierces her skin with it; her chest. Pain. Healing and mending takes time, my loves. It is painful. It can even be agony. But you can do it. With a little help along the way.

~

Healing is beautiful. Enticing. Graduatingly slow, but wonderful. The results are so... Satisfying. And it takes practice.

~

The girl starts to stitch up her chest, pushing her bloody heart back into her body. Her hands become numb. They become red and drippy. It is a messy job, but again it is essential to feel better once more. To heal. The path is difficult. She begins to stitch faster. She can smell the salt off the ocean nearby. She can smell the weather, and hear the horrid winds of the tornado. She ties her thread up with a bow, her heart in tact now. It will need time to heal. It will need love and care. Be good to yourself. For you only have one heart; cherrish it.