It Was My Fault May-May

It was a very hot July day when my best friend Amara, walked into class and she was wearing a heavy sweater and it was almost 95 degrees out. I went over to her smiling happy and asked her to take off her sweater so i could feel the fluff inside i had always messed with anytime she wore it... and she shook her head and barely said two words to me... 

She had withdrawn from me barely talking to me. She walked to her seat and stayed silent. I was now worried and we were only twelve so i just thought it was one of her bad days.But as this continued she began not taking anything i said good about her... her responses always were "That's not true," or "Yeah, never". One day i went to her house and she gave me her favorite bracelet and her sketchbook... The things she prized the most... I looked into the sketchbook and found the things that changed my life. She began to tell me how her life wasn't good and she has been cutting because it releases the pain of a life she is living... I couldn't believe it.. She showed every single sign of wanting to commit suicide and i ignored them and promised not to tell anyone. She promised me she wouldn't cut again... That night two days after she did the unthinkable. She ended her pain. She only had her father who that night had called her worthless and she ended it like that... I had missed a call from her that day. Five minutes before the call came... 

My parents never knew because i hid and never told anyone. She died on July 13. Her birthday was in June she just turned twelve. She was almost a teenager. If i knew what i do today, she'd still be alive... I was the only one who knew and i was the only one who could've prevented it.  I'm sorry May May, its all my fault. i miss you so much i'm so sorry.

I hope you can forgive me someday as much as i don't deserve it at all.