Sovereign Queen

2 Month's Later: 8 Months Pregnant.

Mary's POV

"Confess."

Feeling the burning sensation of her whip striking the back of my legs, I felt my knees give out forcing me to hit the ground.

"Confess!" She yelled again, raising her arm back up ready to hit me.

"I have sinned. I see that now." I blurted out, holding my hands up in the air.

"How can I have been so blind for so long? I want to be clean again. I want absolution. The Crone came to me with her lamp raised high. And by its holy light-"

"You wish to make a confession?" Sister Jane asked.

"Once I've confessed, will I be free?"

"Your Grace will deal with you according to your sins."

"I wanted the crown of Scotland, England, and France to myself. I confess. I want my sister to live a life of misery and death, I wanted her to rot with the rest of the world because I was envious."

"You are a bastard Daughter, King James V said it himself." Sister Jane hissed.

"I am! I am! I learned that now, I am not worthy of being Queen, or being anything but a bastard."

"And her husband? King Arius Holstein-Gottorp. Was he part of your plan to give total misery to your Sovereign Queen?" She asked.

Glaring down at the floor, I clenched my teeth as tightly as I could before looking back up at Sister Jane.

"Yes, King Arius Holstein-Gottorp was also part of my plan." I hissed.

"May I ask why?"

"I was lonely and afraid. She was marrying a King, one who's born to the throne. He was going to give her enough power to take back Scotland. I had to get rid of him." I added.

"You had a husband. The same husband your Sovereign Queen was arranged to be married too. Did you plan his death as well."

"No...he was never meant to be with me by the God's wishes. But I loved him, even though his heart belonged to her. May the gods forgive me." I whispered.

"Other sins?"

"No."

"Speaking falsehoods before the gods is a great crime. You understand this?"

"I do."

"Good. These are terrible charges. And the realm must know the truth of them. If Your Grace has been given honest testimony, your trial will prove your innocence." Sister Jane said as she had turned to head for the door.

"Trial? You have my confession."

"To a single sin. Others you have denied. Like if your husband was part of your plan. Your trial will separate the truths from the falsehoods."

"I bow to the wisdom of Your High Holiness. But if I might beg for just one drop of the Mother's mercy. I haven't seen my son. I don't know how long it's been. I need to see him, please." I cried crawling my way over to the bottom of her legs.

"You have taken the first step on the path back to righteousness. In light of this, I will permit you to return to the Tower."

"My son is in the Palace, I need to be there."

"Accept your fate. Once you've proven yourself slightly worthy of living beside your Sovereign Queen, then...we'll see."

"Good. Am I free to go?" I asked.