Nan's Jewel~ Chapter 10 <3 Zillah

Chapter 10- Zillah

When I saw the captain of the Mary Rose come onto the deck, I tried to hold it together. I knew if I did one wrong thing, it would mean the end for me. I paid little attention to the conversation between the two captains, but I got the feeling they were close friends. I tuned back into the conversation when the captain began walking along the lines of crew.

"That's not a surprise."He murmured. "You won't find her straight out hiding. She's right here."

The captain stopped in front of me, and ripped the hat off, sending it fluttering into the sea. I felt the weight of my hair, and knew I was revealed.

"Good afternoon Lady Zillah. Theodore, fetch some irons."The captain said.

I was shocked. I stood uncomprehending for a second. I looked over to Edward, to see concern and helplessness in his eyes. The captain slowly started towards me and I back away, not wanting to go back. Somehow I knew the edge of the ship was nearby. Taking a chance, I turned and darted towards the railing, threw myself over it, and heard Edward cry.

"Zillah!"

I hit the water hard, but luckily the men's clothing was much lighter than a dress, and easier to swim in. I saw land not far off, and began swimming. A few minutes later I heard another splash, but was too tired to look. About twenty minutes after I jumped I dragged myself onto the warm Caribbean sand, collapsing without the strength to even blink. I closed my eyes, and fell into a troubled sleep.

<3<3<3<3<3 Edward <3<3<3<3<3

When I saw Zillah backing away from Aaron, I knew things wouldn't end well. What she did do however surprised me. When she jumped I found myself crying out her name. Perhaps I cared for her more than I knew... Or wanted to. I said a quick prayer, hoping it would help her to safety. Aaron looked at me, very unhappy.

"Not harboring a fugitive eh?"He said.

"She is not a pirate. Look at her Aaron, she's only thirteen. Lady Zillah is not the kind of lady, person to be a pirate. I saw everything that happened. She's not a pirate."I tried to reason.

"I had strict orders Edward; any person on the ship was to be arrested for piracy. I had no idea you cared so much for her."Aaron said

"Aaron, please listen to me."I began, slowly edging closer to the railing. "I'm not doing this for me; but for her. Sometimes when you care for someone, you yourself have to make sacrifices."

With that I jumped off the edge of Nan's Jewel. The water rose up to greet me, and sucked me under with eager fingers. I was tempted to just float to the bottom, and leave injustices to the living, but then I thought of Zillah, and I knew I needed to help her. My head broke the surface of the water, and I heard Aaron calling to me. I looked up at my ship.

"You will regret this Dubois, you will regret this."Aaron threatened.

"How so?"I asked.

"I'm sure your parents would love to know of your brush with the law!"Aaron replied.

"Aaron, I haven't heard from my parents in two years!"I cried, diving into the water to follow Zillah.