VI. TENSIONS RISING

— chapter six —TENSIONS RISING

— chapter six —
TENSIONS RISING

  HERBOLOGY WAS THE last class Remelda had before dinner that day. She really hated that class, learning useless facts about different plants and herbs along with their importance, but her parents forced her into that class because it would be helpful in the future. There weren't many Healers for Death Eaters, seeing as most people who join fight, but since Remelda's purpose in the Black family was to marry Demetri Carrow, have children with him, and then get branded, healing seemed like something she could do to help the cause. Not that she wanted to, but when did her wishes matter?

    If Remelda had her way, she would become a professor once school ended. She always wanted to leave the wizarding world and work at a university. It would be nice. There wouldn't be anyone with magical blood there and she could finally escape her name and reputation. She could finally just be Remelda in a world where that was just a peculiar name and not the one of her grandmother, who was a proud supporter of anything relating to the dark arts. No, she would just be Remelda. She wasn't though, because this was the wizarding world and the Black name had a reputation that she was currently supporting to everyone.

    She squeezed her eyes shut at those thoughts, giving a sigh before opening them again and clinging on to her books as she started to walk to the Grand Hall. Dinner would be nice after the school she had, it would be a sweet release. But just her luck, the one person she probably hated most in the world decided to grace her with his insufferable laughter she used to enjoy as he threw his head back and casually threw his arm around Nadia's (his girlfriend) shoulder.

    A grimace was placed on her face at the thought of walking beside him. He seemed to be everywhere, the only name people talked about with her. And Remus Lupin trying to speak to her on his behalf wasn't helping. She hated it. She hated him.

    He seemed to notice her walking near them, whispering something in Nadia's ear before she walked off, not before giving him a kiss, and leaving the older Black sibling with his sister. "Hello," he greeted her simply, but she wished he hadn't spoken a word.

    She didn't respond to him, hoping that would end all conversation, but she knew better than that. If there was something she loved and hated about the Black family, it was their stubbornness, which sometimes translated into persistence. He let out a sigh, seeing the silent treatment she was giving him.

    "Come on, Remelda, can I speak to you? There's some things I need to tell you that are long overdue." An apology. She knew that's what he meant, but she wasn't about to just accept it.

    "No," she turned to him, snarling, "We can't speak because we aren't siblings anymore. You have been disowned from the Black family, and that's that, Sirius. Have a good day."

    She went to start walking again, but he grabbed her arm and pulled her back, causing her to see the pained look on his face. It wasn't as if her words weren't true, everyone knew that once you were disowned, that was it. There was no more talking about you, there was no more discussion about the person. They were gone from the family, simply as if they never existed in the first place. Remelda remembered what happened to Andromeda, their cousin, years back. She had chosen Ted Tonks over their family, and in return, she was disowned. No one in the family ever spoke to her again.