I lay in my bed in the dead of night. No music. No lights. The whirring of the ceiling fan and the distant nature sounds are the only things that can be heard in my house. Today had been a long day and I just wanted to sleep, but I was wide awake. I was also hoping that if I went to sleep, i wouldn't wake back up.

I hear knocking in my bedroom door and I stand to open it, confused as to why my mom would be up at this time, but I find Calum instead. He nods for me to step back and I walk back to my bed and lay down under the blanket as he follows. We both lay on our sides and he laces his hand with mine. "How are you feeling?" He asks me.

"I'm fine, just tired," I say and move closer to him, laying my head on chest, his hands sliding into my hair. "Long day." I mumble into his shirt.

"Your crazy ex makes mine seem like a breeze." He says and I smile.

"Yeah, I guess so." I sigh. I was glad I couldn't see him in the dark.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asks me and I shake my head, sighing and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"No, not really. You know, I think I miss it more when you were mean to me." I say and he chuckles.

"Why?" He asks.

"You didn't care as much. I didn't have to worry bout you caring as much." I say and he kisses my shoulder.

"Oh, that's not true. I've cared about you since the day I met you." He says and I smile. His hands tug my head back by my hair and he looks into my eyes. "But you're still as annoying as the first day, too. I just want you to know that." He says and plants kisses all over my face and I try not to laugh.

"I love you." I say after he presses his lips to mine.

"I love you, too. Do you think you ever would have told me about him if he hadn't shown up here today?" He asks me.

"Honestly, no. I wouldn't have," I say, slightly ashamed that I would ever have to say to anyone that we were together. "I mean, I recently found out he slept with Gorgy, too, but that doesn't surprise me."

"How old is he?" He asks me and I sigh, not really wanting to answer.

"Twenty-one." I say.

"God, my girl was pulling all the older guys. You had him, Ashton, the weird Leo guy from the pet shelter. Any other men I should know about?" He ask me and I pinch his nipple. He whines and bites my ear.

"Ow! No, I was not pulling all the guys, dear Lord." I say and he chuckles. "Thanks for not taking this so seriously, Cal. I appreciate it."

"Oh, I'm taking it so serious, but I'm trying not to because I know you don't want that. I'm actually super pissed off," He says in a surprisingly light tone. "I straight up wish this guy was dead, yo."

"Thanks anyway, goodnight." I say and chuckle.

"Is mom gonna check in on you?" He asks.

"Yeah, but I don't think she is gonna care." I say and smile.

"I don't think so, either. But she did tell me she didn't want to be a grandma," He says and now it's my turn to laugh at the tone in his voice. "I love you, crazy girl, now try to go to sleep and shut up."

"Love you." I say and close my eyes.

***

"Why did I have to come to this?" Calum asks from the chair he sits in. "Shouldn't prom dresses, like, be a surprise or something?" He asks me in a bored, whiny voice, but his eyes that are trained solely on me, contradict what he says.