Unwanted Soldiers

We didn't speak for the rest of the way to camp. I was wondering what was going through his head, did he think I was crazy? What if I was crazy?

 Maybe I was.

 The only thing he did was wrap a towel around me and get me out of the water to go and change my clothes. When I came back he had changed his clothes as well and we just started to walk back in the silence. 

But I was confused.  We didn't see anyone jump in the water the whole time we were there and who could hold their breath that long? Thinking about it for a few minutes I felt a wave of nausea go through me. 

Once we reached our destination I immediately saw Makala getting a drink of water, her eyes turned to mine and she smiled. In seconds she was giving me a hug, holding me tight in her arms.

 "Oh my god I've missed you!" 

I laughed, "you getting tired of the boys yet?"

"Yeah. They have been going and searching for weapons and other stuff we need, but I have to stay here because Jeremy doesn't think its safe for us."

 I groaned as I pulled away from her grasp, "Jeremy suck it up. If you can leave then she can leave. And there's also no way in hell that you'll convince me to stay here too. I'm not your girlfriend which means I don't have to play nice."

 Jeremy finally looked up at me, "No your not. Your going to stay her because your like my sister and if you two get hurt then I'll never forgive myself. Sean didn't nurture you back to health for nothing and I know that you'd feel bad if something did happen.  We've wasted enough time with that. Tomorrow we're heading out. It's not safe here."

I rolled my eyes, "its not safe anywhere dummy! So don't try and play that card." 

This time Sean spoke, "we've already decided. If we stay in the same place for forever then the other invaders will find us, its only a matter of time. If we move then we can gain ourselves a few more weeks, maybe months if we are careful enough and stay together." 

Biting my lip I kept myself from talking back, I'd only make it more complicated. 

"What were you going to say?" Sean spoke up, watching me very carefully.

 Was I really that obvious? 

I sighed, he asked for it.

"Where are we going to go? We need to stay near the lake or else we'll die from thirst. All the animals will find their way here too, so what about if we starve? I vote that we stay, unless we go into the city, which I know you don't want to do. We won't have any cover and can be exposed." 

Jeremy looked on the verge of punching something, or someone. "Alex this isn't your decision. Its three against one. If you want to stay here then fine go ahead. I won't be the one to blame when you d..." 

Sean interrupted, "dude stop it..."

"No! Sean...I'm not staying here just for her. If they want to kill my sister than go ahead. She isn't worth it anyways, not when three others have their lives put at risk. How can she even do that to us?"

"Excuse me? I just watched my whole house burn down. I just passed out and am still trying to grasp what the hell is going on and now your saying  that you don't care if I die too? Don't you EVER call me your sister. Especially if you think I'm not worth it." I spit, "So I guess that if I die too that you won't even care, am I right?! I'm just someone who's standing in your way, so go ahead, leave." 

Walking away from camp it took me about ten minutes before I decided to sit down. My head was in my hands and my knees were brought up to my chest. I was probably alone for five minutes before Sean came up and sat down next to me.