Thoughts

Every minute seemed like an eternity. I wanted to get the hell out of here, I wanted Shanik to come and save me but I knew that he wouldn't make it in time anyways. 

He would have to construct a plan and look at the layout of all of the soldiers watching over me, and he didn't even know where I was.. So it was hopeless. i was on my own. Getting sucked out of my own thoughts I saw that Maliki was heading towards me, his eyes locked with mine. 

"I can see that your still in there, " he murmured, "...and I plan on getting you out."

 I closed my eyes. 

"Wait do that again! Open your eyes if you can hear me!" I kept them closed. Feeling movement I kept from flinching as Maliki kissed me on the forehead. 

After that he just pulled away, tucking a strand of hair out of my face. I didn't know how to react or what to say, I was so caught off guard that i jumped. He immediately reacted, I could feel the movement. 

"You just..." He paused, weaving his hands through his hair, "Your okay. Thank god your okay! You can feel me and hear me!" shit i sighed, opening my eyes. I was going to have to play this another way. 

"Alex? Did you know how worried i was?! I....Oh my god i can't believe it. You gave me a damn heart attack! I forgive you for everything; leaving and going with Shanik." 

I wish.

"No" was all I said, trying to make my voice sound terrible, hurt. 

"What?" his eyes went wide, "I didn't..."

"Didn't what?" He pressed.

" I didn't apologize."

His eyes narrowed, then i could suddenly see anger cross his face. He was trying to cover up his pain. 

"I'm going to give you another chance, to let you stay here. I'm giving you my home, my army, the world! What can Shanik give you that i can't?!" I paused for a minute, making it look as if i was having trouble talking, like I was still healing. 

"He gives me a  reason to live." I whispered. 

"What?!" Maliki balled his fists, looking offended.

"How do you think I got all these scars?......I was bullied. Ev...everyone judged me for who I was... EVERYONE! Until Sean...arrived. He convinced them that..I had every reason to be accepted. He brought me back together....when I was at my worst. And what have you done?! You've brought me here for your selfish reasons and kept me here out of my own will, I hate you!" he stayed silent, he was not expecting that answer. So I saved him from talking. 

"I don't need your pity or reassurance. He's already given me that too."

Maliki laughed, "No."

 I raised an eyebrow, "No what?" 

" He's never pitied you, he just thinks about how strong you are to overcome it. I should know. Every time he came home he wouldn't shut up about you...after he killed father." I gave him a look, I didn't trust a word he was saying. But I didn't want to totally rule him out either. I needed both sides of the story. Then I'd see which one sounded more...fitting. 

But right now was not the time. 

"Can..can I have breakfast?" I said, changing the subject. 

He nodded, getting up and then suddenly turning back to me he raised his eyebrow, "How is this possible? You wouldn't talk for days and now your fine?" 

I shrugged, "I don't know. I think...I don't know. I just didn't feel right, everything was foggy and i couldn't think straight. It was as if I was staring through a window of thick glass and couldn't be heard from the other side." 

He bit his lip, thinking.

 "We will check with the doctor later today. But there are some poisonous plants out there. It's possible that one could've entered your bloodstream, I know a few that can have those effects. But we will know for sure soon." 

I just stared at him, not moving. 

He flinched, "please don't... don't just stare at me like that again"

 I immediately knew what he meant, "Sorry!" 

He sighed, "Your fine it's just...never mind." Then he left, off to get me some breakfast.