School Drama

In the morning I woke up earlier than usual, I had the feeling of someone watching me. Waiting. It was strange. Maybe it was because of a dream I had.

All night I'd been thinking about what Sean said to me. He really cared for me that much? And if he did, then was it romantically or in a brotherly way? 

I thought about all the things we've gone through over the years. We were both closer than anyone I knew, for years we had each other's backs. He was the one to teach me self-defense and eventually he was the first one to give me a pocket knife for protection. I always kept it close. 

It's like he was there for me whenever I needed. Whether it was for listening to me, giving me advice or just letting me rest my head on his shoulder.

I could remember when I first realized how special he was. I was thirteen years old...

It was dark outside, rain cascaded down several large buildings and I was having a bad day. Walking down many different roads, I didn't even know where I was going. I couldn't even tell which direction was North or South. But soon I found myself not caring anymore. Home was the last place I wanted to be. So instead I just kept on walking, no matter how much my feet hurt.

It must have been hours before I found myself standing in front of one specific house. Immediately I was shocked by where I'd ended up, it was Sean's house. Walking up the driveway I decided that I would go no further, I was too afraid. But I did not have to. Soon enough I heard the front door open, making me freeze. 

There Sean stood, a blanket in his hand. Walking up to me, he didn't have to say a word before I hugged him. Embracing me, I felt the comfort of the blanket on my shoulders and sniffled. Surely I would get a cold from walking out like this. 

Carrying me along, Sean finally made it to his bedroom and placed me on his bed. Automatically I felt guilty for getting it dirty, so I moved to the edge of the sheets. 

"What's wrong?" He asked, curiosity filled his eyes. I knew that he wanted to help me with every cell in his body, but I didn't want to burden him as much as I already have. As if seeing what I was thinking, Sean took my hand in his, warmth suddenly defrosting my fingers and radiating through the rest of my body.

"You can tell me," He whispered, "I want to help you. Unless you tell me then I'll only think the worst."

I sighed, "Your a pain, you know that?" 

He laughed, his smile almost as visible as the sun. I continued, "It's just dad. Thoughts of him coming into my head again, it's so hard. I wish my family wasn't broken." 

Suddenly Sean pulled me into his chest, the warmth of this breath tickling my ear. "Your family isn't broken, your dad is. He doesn't deserve you Alex. I don't think anyone in this whole world deserves you, okay? Your special. Maybe your dad left but that means nothing. Look at all the one's who have stayed, the one's that know your going to become a shinning star; that your going to conquer the world and defeat all negativity, that you can be one of the best even with the little you were given. I think that is why I am so fond of you actually. How much love you put towards everyone, even when you've been beaten down... but even so I promise that I'll help you get back up"

Closing my eyes I put my arms around his shoulders and wrapped my legs around his frame, that meant a lot to me. It told me that even when I was beaten to the ground, I'd still have a home. 

Right here, in his arms.

Being pulled out of my trance I finally started getting out of bed, I decided to get dressed. All this thinking about Sean wasn't going to help me at the moment. So in order to miss being late, I grabbed the first thing out of my closet; A Tamlin High School shirt, blue jeans and black converse.