Complications

When he came back, my jaw practically touched the floor. He brought a whole plate over full of bacon, eggs, sausage and toast. Yum! Bringing it over, Maliki placed it over my lap, but he quickly took my greedy hands away from the food. I almost but his hand off. 

"Hey! You haven't eaten in a while, so slow it down and watch it" I glared at him. I had never been full in my life. No way was this going to fill me up! 

But of course five minutes later i was stuffed. I'd barely eaten half! How??? Watching my expression Maliki started to laugh, "Shut up!" I spit, making him laugh even more. Looking at him rock on his seat, so thats when I got an idea. Kicking my foot out I hit his stool and watched him fall on his ass. Then I started to laugh too. 

"So that's how you wanna play it, huh?" He grinned, starting to tickle me. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move off the bed, he had me cornered. "Stop" I rolled around, trying to get away from him.

"Stop" I said again, this time my voice was more forced. But he didn't stop.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my head, I pulled back, struggling to get free of Maliki's grasp. Then I felt it again, worse this time. "Stop!" I screamed this time, making Maliki jump, "What's wrong?" he said, his eyes full of worry.

"Head" I said, trying to concentrate on stopping the pain. To make it go away. Anything. immediately he got off of me, running out of the tent and calling for the doctor. 

Trying to calm my breathing I covered my ears and blocked out all of the noise. It felt slightly better. I could feel Maliki right next to me, I could hear him, "shut up" I murmured, trying to keep my voice down, "Shut up!" I said louder, finally he listened. I could feel him move back, giving me space. 

So I just stayed like that for a few minutes. Focusing on nothing but my breathing. Eventually getting the pain to subside. I opened my eyes, finding Maliki and the doctor looking at me with worried eyes.

The doctor stepped forward, "Are you alright?" His voice was quiet, as if he was making sure not to bring the pain back to my head from the noise. I was grateful. "I'm alright" I said, slipping my feet from under the covers to sit up on the side of the bed. 

"Maybe you should stay laying down" Maliki's voice was firm but I shook my head. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to get out of here. Besides, it's not going to affect my head if I move slowly" The doctor nodded, " yes. She is right. But we should give her another few days of rest. Then we can transport her to a hospital. We can look at her and see how long this will be a.....problem" 

Maliki was not pleased, "So how early can we leave?" The doctor shrugged his shoulders, "It depends on her. I don't know the significance of her wound so I cannot tell how long we should stay. But i can give an estimate, just so we can be on the same measures."

"And how long is that?"

"four days"

I smirked, that was plenty of time for me to escape. Plenty of time for Shanik to rescue me if possible. God I hoped so. 

Smiling at the doctor I made sure to thank him and I was able to tell Maliki that i needed to get some rest so he would leave. But I did not sleep at all. Instead i made up a way of escape. I just needed more time. No...I needed the RIGHT time.