Captured

After a few miles of walking, we entered a campground. Five more men were hanging around the fire, watching what was going on. 

"Look at what we got here" One of them said, he had blue eyes, brown hair and looked to be about twenty years old. Only a few years older than me. 

"Put Shanik in his cage and the girl in a tent" another guy spoke up, he had dark brown hair and brown eyes, he reminded me of Sean. Maybe a few years younger. Was he younger than me?

How was that possible? Teenagers were attacking the world? People who could barely be walking into high school?

"Who are you?" I asked, only because he seemed like he was the one in charge. 

"She doesn't seem to know about Shanik or about us either. It would be best to start with the basics," my capturer said before Sean's look alike could speak. 

"My name is Maliki, I'm the leader here. Now what's your name?" my lips were sealed.

 "What's your name?!" he asked again, louder this time. I chose the first name that came to mind, someone I used to know in school.

 "Devan Roads" Maliki grinned, "what a beautiful name for a beautiful woman," I scoffed.

 "Don't flatter me, I know what you must really think of me. At school they called me a demon child...abomination, a stone hearted bitch. You shouldn't be any different; so what do you really think of me?" 

He laughed, coming closer to me he tilted my chin so he could look into my eyes, "you are probably the strongest person here...mentally. But I could change that with one word. You can have the chance to get your revenge if you follow me, let me lead you. You can kill anyone who stands in your way and prove your worth. Who knows, maybe you'll be my second."

 That's when I heard a growl come from a few yards away. It was Shanik. 

"What do you mean I'll be your second?" he smiled, "You'll be my second in command of course," Uncrossing my arms I extended it outward to him, Maliki did the same. "Deal." 

He didn't know what he was getting into.  I wanted him to trust me just so I could break him. Also he would teach me how to fight, so then I'd have a better chance to kick his ass. I would figure out all of his techniques just so I could use them against him. 

Laying down in the tent I decided to go to bed, Maliki said that he'd wake me up at dawn for breakfast and then he'd train me.

But when I went into my cot, the only thing I could think about was my wolf friend.

 "Soon I'll get you out of here Shanik, I promise" I whispered, not knowing what I was about to get myself into. For I was about to end up dead center in the middle of a war. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feeling someone shake me awake I jumped up, ready to grab my knife, then realizing that it wasn't there. The guy that captured me yesterday was standing over me, a grin on his face. 

"He wants you outside now.."putting on my boots I headed behind him, catching a few of his words, "...sorry about yesterday he....he really needed to get Shanik and I would of been dead if I didn't follow orders" 

He put his hand out, "I'm Stiles" taking it, I was pulled and welcomed by a warm embrace. 

"I'm Devan" I said, using my fake name. Following Stiles for a few minutes I was led to a clearing where I found Maliki waiting. 

"See you later" Stiles said before disappearing behind the trees.

Turning to Maliki I saw him smile.