Escape

When I woke up I was in a unfamiliar place, probably Hell I guessed, I started to remember  everything that had happened days prior.

 At least I thought it had been a few days. 

"Look, your finally awake!"

 I heard to the side of me and ended up shooting one of the guards a glare, "yeah. So I can finally kick your ass!" 

Then I stepped on to the floor, trying to get to him. But I didn't stay up for very long. Falling back into the bed I got a sudden wave of dizziness, I frowned. 

Did I really hit my head that hard?

"Your gonna want to stay in bed for a while. You hit your head pretty hard and got a concussion. It wasn't pretty."

 I sighed, cursing under my breath. At least it answered my question. 

So I'd have to stay in the house where my friends hated me... Ex friends actually. They didn't want to be near me anymore. But I didn't care. They could hate me or love me, either way I was going to get them out of here. We were all getting out of here. 

I'd figure out a way, somehow. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

A few minutes after I woke up Maliki walked in, the guards probably told him about me being awake, either that or he heard my yelling.

 Oops.

 But this is a good moment to talk to him, if he trusted me enough then I could gain a lot of information. Information that I needed in order to get my friends out alive and safe.

Sitting down next to me on the bed, Maliki took in my appearance. Resting his eyes on my chest, "Hey! My eyes are up here!" 

I covered myself with the blankets, making him roll his eyes. Leaning closer to me he put his hand out and reached for my necklace. Ooh, he was looking at that. What an awkward situation, he must have thought I was an idiot.

"Where did you get this?" 

Maliki's voice was...jealous? I smirked at the thought, a leader like him being jealous over me. 

"It was given to me by my friend Sean for my sixteenth birthday a few months ago.... The friend you must have killed." I added, clenching my teeth. 

"Look Alex, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear about...." 

"You lied to me!" I yelled, making him flinch. Good.

 "You told me you were taking me to my friends. ALL OF THEM! He was supposed to be there, in one piece. You don't understand. He meant the world to me and you killed him out of cold blood!" 

He sighed, " If it helps.. I promise that my men haven't killed your friend. They would tell me immediately."

This time I rolled my eyes, "As if your men are very reliable, they could do anything they wanted behind your back." 

He scoffed, "I trust my men with my life! They are loyal and obedient.. besides, if any of them were to disobey a direst order than I'd kill them myself. Mark my words," He said it with such confidence, of which I was lacking. 

Finally changing the subject I asked, "What did they mean? They said something about the law? The promise is law?"

 He nodded, " All promises are bound by word. And word is bound by law" 

I jumped up from the bed, "Yes! That's it! How..? What does it mean? I need to know what I did wrong. I... I need to know why they hate me now." 

He shrugged, "How should I know?" That's when I saw it. His eyes flickered downward and he started to fidget with his ring. 

He was lying. 

He knew exactly what it meant. And I was going to find out how. I was going to break him the same way he broke me. I was going to turn his men against him and leave him for dead I decided. 

If he was going to turn my friends against me than I was going to give him a taste of his own medicine. That's the least of what he deserved. First I'd start with the men watching me here, then I'd make my way inside his other soldiers heads. Everything was going to be complete flames, and I'd be there to watch them burn.

Sorry it's short, Please leave comments. XoXo- Void-Stiles24