Running

The whole time he was steady, making sure to be careful. Probably because he was carrying me. Suddenly I started to feel self conscious. Did he think I was heavy? Oh god I would die if he thought I was heavy.

Or what about all the stuff I said when I didn't know he was a wolf? All the things I said about him? That was so embarrassing!!!

That's when we came to a stop.

He motioned for me to get off of his back. Then going behind some of the underbrush I handed him his clothes.

He changed in a matter of seconds, then coming up for me he out his hands on my face, cupping my cheek and stared me straight in the eyes, "your not fat, your perfectly normal. Perfectly beautiful. All the stuff you said about me was cute and I would've said the same things to you if I could reveal my identity."

I froze, I couldn't breathe, couldn't think. 

He could read my mind? 

That was...well it wasn't as surprising as some other things. I could get used to it. Finally dismissing all my thought I was about to say something, but as soon as I tried, I was interrupted.

"I know that it's sudden and I want to be able to talk to you more about...where we're at when we're both safe. We need to get away from here. The lake isn't too far off from here. I can smell out Makala and Jeremy. They are close." I nodded, still not able to breathe.

"Are you okay?"

 I nodded again, "just...overwhelmed." 

He grinned, "wait until we get to the other stuff. The big stuff." 

I groaned, "oh god." 

He chuckled, "yeah. Don't worry. It's not to to bad. Just... New."  Oh yeah. That makes it so much better.

This time he gave me a look, "I can read your mind!"

 I groaned, "can you not do that?" 

He shrugged, "depends." 

I glared at him, "what do you mean it depends?"

"I need to.... It's hard to explain. Can it wait?" I nodded, I trusted him. It's not like he already hadn't figured out everything else that I thought about him.

So moving along we ended up next to the lake, "they are almost here," he sniffed the air, "a few minutes. We need to get ready to go again. So eat what you want, get some water. Whatever you need and then we're out of here."

 I had no intention of arguing. So going a few yards away I decided to use the restroom.

Then when I went back I saw Makala and Jeremy stand there, in wolf form. 

Sean was too. 

His clothes were on the floor, so picking them up again I put them in my bag. The others clothes were tied to their legs, smart.

So rushing up to them, I gave them both a huge hug and then finally got onto Sean's back. That was another thing I was going to have to think about. 

What did he want to be called now? Shanik or Sean? I had no clue. But I had to admit, I did like Shanik, it was just new to me so it seemed weird.

I'd have to ask him about it later. But then again he was probably reading my mind right now.

Continuing on, Sean lifted himself upright and jumped ahead. The others followed at a good distance. 

That's when I noticed it. 

Sean was a little bigger than the others, maybe a few inches, six at the most. And he was crazy strong. He had to carry his own weight and mine, but yet... Somehow he still ran faster than the other two.

That was amazing.

Did that mean he was the leader of all three of them or... did they even have a leader? 

Then I started to compare the differences between all of them. Makala was a pure white wolf, she still had her bright green eyes. Jeremy had brown fur, more of a chocolate color and brown eyes. 

Then there was Sean. 

He had a reddish brown color, looking almost gold for a second. I gasped,  it was absolutely gorgeous. In the sun it would glimmer. And his eyes were a light blue like the ocean. He was beautiful.

So I just watched him, every step he took. The carefulness in his steps. The rise and fall of his chest. 

And then suddenly I felt really tired. And eventually I feel asleep. Right there on his shoulders. Finally feeling the most happy I have felt in a long time.

I didn't have anymore worries of what would happen to us, I believed that we were safe. 

There was nobody else who could separate us, not on my watch. But most of all it was because I believed in Sean, I felt comfortable in his presence, at peace. 

I couldn't believe that I'd feel all these emotions, just from one boy.