1. Questions, whispers, and rumors

Breaking news.

"7 arrested, 4 hospitalized after 20 'gangsters' get in knife fight: police" - reported: Saturday 6:56 PM

"One dead, Five injured in 'senseless' gang-related shooting" - reported: Sunday 7:00 PM

That's what the weekend's news stories consisted of.

3 gangs. 2 fights. In two days.

It was just so random because it occurred fast. Too fast, If you ask me.

I was just walking inside the school and I could hear the whispers. All of them talked about a name so foreign to me.

Pablo.

Who the hell is that?

Another gangster to look out for and avoid? It seems as if everyone already knows about this Pablo, but me? I'm like a lost sack of potatoes, I just keep walking, trying to listen on my way to my locker.

Good News is that I'm not deaf. I only have some basic information about this Pablo person. Turns out that Pablo is one of the leaders of the gangs that caused havoc over the weekend. In fact, his gang fought both days with two other different gangs.

I stop walking.

Hmm. Obviously problematic. Exactly how I like them.

I start walking again towards my locker, still hearing the whispers of this Pablo.

I spot my friend Katie by my locker, waving a sheet of paper, and smile.

As I get closer to my locker, the more familiar the paper looks. Looks like the biology homework...

Pause...WE HAD HOMEWORK?

My smile drops faster than my social status.

"It's due today!" She says, hurried. "Please tell me you did it..."

I stare at her blankly... does she... NEVER learn ... from every other time ... that this happened?

I specifically told her not to expect me to remember that.

She shook her head. I face-palmed. She still has expectations after knowing me for the past year. I tried to warn her... I really did.

I turn around and continue taking out some books, slamming my locker shut when I'm done.

It is what it is.

After the bell rings, Katie and I walk to our classes.

I enter and sit in my seat at the back, I begin doodling on a paper. I was in the middle of drawing a disoriented gummy bear, when I saw hands slam on my desk and a big shadow cast over me.

Kinda offended.  I thought my drawing was finally getting together until this rude ass monster, slapped my paper into a different universe.

I look up, genuinely confused, to meet greyish-blue ones glaring at me. Great. What did I do now?

"Get out of my seat," he says with a low voice.

I stare at him shocked. I have no idea what is up with this one but 1. That is rude. 2. Why me? And 3. These seats are assigned, not claimed.

"My seat. Now out." He growls.

I open my mouth, then close it. I don't know what to say or do, and he made a scene about it too. He starts grabbing my belongings and was about to drop them on the floor, but someone else decides to save me from my misery.

"Chill out, will you?" Said the handsome Prince Charming to the Monster Piece of Shit.

Then he turned to me with a polite smile and asked, "Can you please give him your seat for today?"

I smiled and nodded getting to another seat. I then go back and stand in front of the hooligan himself, glare at him while snatching my books roughly from him. He had a frown on his face, should I feel bad? Nah, he can eat a cactus too.

I walk back to my new seat, place my stuff down and sit. What is up with all this disrespectful monstrosity? He must've got knocked up in the head or something.

The teacher soon walked in and started the lesson.

I faced the front trying to catch something useful out of the tons of garbage coming out of the teachers mouth. I was trying to fulfill my dreams of getting somewhere in life.

I sigh. I'll have to wait another year to cross that off my bucket list I guess.

Soon enough the bell rings. I head to my classes afterwards in usual boredom, until lunch. My baby.

I walk in thinking all the morning talk about Pablo was tamed but that wasn't the plan was it. Instead everyone talked louder and more about it.

I knew this is where all the rumors will begin, if they hadn't yet started.

Despite proper etiquette, people really do like talking while eating. Lunch is perfect for that.

I think I might actually like to hear the rumors about this Pablo. I can imagine everyone making really funny rumors, like 'Pablo isn't only a murderous gang leader but also a farmer on week days, he takes care of the 5 hens he bought last summer, and goes to church on Sunday's to pray for the weak'. Or 'they say Pablo once killed a lady with the button that fell off her own blouse.' Or what about 'Pablo is a farmer, he takes care of wee- wheat growth for his family's business and watches Barney every morning at 7 am'. Yea... maybe not.

I know what you're thinking, those are such garbage rumors, who would even...
But thing is that I would, I would even think of that. It could happen just saying.

I sat through lunch, observing everyone talking at my table. I can't help but get kind of excited, I wanna meet this Pablo so bad. I'm actually excited about the thought of meeting him.

What's the worst that could happen? Shoot me? He can go ahead, I've always wondered how it would feel like. Although I'm pretty sure, I would cry like a baby.

After a good while, Everyone's conversations suddenly get interrupted by the school bell and we head to our classes again. I check my phone to see the time but find two messages.

Mom: Hey I can't get you from school today, they called in a meeting. You think you can catch a ride or walk?

Me: Yea, sure.

I check the other message from my last hour biology teacher.

Today's lesson is dissections. I know it's late notice but you can't leave until you have finished dissecting the frogs, that way I can throw them out by the end of today. You will have a worksheet to also fill about your findings. Good luck.

Great. Just great.

It would've been worse had I known what would happen later in the day....

******

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter, please do vote, comment and add my book. Love ya.