10. Suspicions

I sit with the boys in silence. I know they are hiding something and they know it too. I tried to ask about other things, like family, but they all look down and glare. These boys don't seem like they wanna open up to me.

I watch as all of them end up on their phones. Logan playing a game, Ryan reading something, and Grayson texting. I obviously hit a nerve, and I'm being ignored. I sigh and grab my own phone. Two can play this game... Or four but whatever.

First thing I do is check my texts. Then I see something that catches my attention.

Party. Tonight at 8. Raymond's house.

It was Katie, she told me to be there. I wasn't worried about not being invited because I'm friends with all the football players, meaning Raymond is a friend. We fam, is what I'm trying to say.

I get excited and grin. All I have to do now is get the 'ok' from my mom. I sigh dialing her phone again and wait for her to answer.

"Yes, Rose. What's wrong?" She asks. Now the boys are stealing glances at me.

"Mom, can I go to Raymond's tonight?" I ask excited. The boys are looking at me, stopping what they're doing. Now that's straight up rude.

She sighs. "You know your dad won't like this, right?" She said.

"I know, I know," I say, this is not easy. "But when does he even like this though?" I retort back.

I can imagine her thinking and hesitating over this. "Fine," she says.

Before she could say anything else, I cut her off. "Yes," I say joyful.

"But.." She continues. Great.

"What's the catch?" I say slowly, and frowning a bit. Ughh it's always like this when she stays in the office too long. She is a lawyer, meaning it's all about deals, lying, and investigations.

"The catch is...," she said. "If you find any drinks, you better bring some home and share." I laugh. Females, am I right?

"If I find drugs, do I bring them home and share too?" I ask happily.

"Bring drugs home and I will put you in a rehabilitation center for a year," she threatens, her tone going serious. My smile drops and I clear my throat.

"Yes, ma'am," I say as my face pales. Never think she is kidding. Once I thought she was kidding and I ended up at a monastery. Another time, I ended at the hospital because of a bad panic attack. She is scary, when she gets mad.

"Bye, honey," she says and hangs up. I blink, and slowly lower my phone from my ear. Okay.

I text Katie back saying I'll be there. I check the time. It's 4:00 right now. Meaning  I have 5 hours to go. I will leave here at 6 to have time to change and put make up on. I nod. Sounds like a plan.

I look up to see the boys looking at me, squinting their eyes and leaning towards me, as if they were trying to listen to my conversation. It's that look. The one that my mom gives the neighborhood kids when they play with her front yard flowers.

My eyes widen and I shake my head. "I did not play with your front yard flowers," I state firmly, my face horrified. "I swear," I say putting my hands up in defeat.

They look at each other, confused. "What are you talking about?" Ryan asks. I guess it wasn't about flowers.

"Nothing," I say and straighten up to sit properly. "Why are you giving me that look?" I ask.

"We are coming with you to the party," Logan says. I don't get it, they are popular so they are immediately considered invited. The question is why are they stating it like I was their only way in?

"Yea, you guys are welcome to come, Raymond won't mind," I say back confused.

"We don't care if we are welcomed or not," Grayson states with a straight face. "We are coming with you," he finishes leaning back into his chair.

I don't understand. I raise an eyebrow at him. He raised one eyebrow back, challenging me. Why so determined? Suddenly he stood up to leave.

I look at Logan and Ryan, they both shrug.  They both stand up too. Well, ok. But I still don't understand their odd suggestion. Ryan and Logan go throw away their empty drinks inside. "What if I don't want you guys to come with me?" I ask stubbornly.

I watch him step closer to me. A smirk curving his lips. "Well, too bad," he pauses. "Chéri," he finishes off by my ear, his hot breath fanning my face from him leaning towards me.

I freeze. Someone else said that to me before, those exact words and exact deep voice. A sense of Deja vu crosses me. I can't seem to remember who said it but I know I've heard this before.

He leans back with the same smirk. He starts walking again towards the inside of the shop, he was about to swing the door open but froze up as a sudden realization hits him.  He looks to me, his face paling. Like it came it left; in a sudden. He glared at me and entered the shop quickly.

The same way realization hit him, it hit me. I stood shocked in my place looking at the door with what I figured out. Of course, I have no proof but it seems as if I'll be getting one out of him soon.

I know it won't be easy, knowing what he has done before. As of now, all of this is just suspicion. My suspicion that could get me killed. A suspicion that can ruin him if it was true. A suspicion that Grayson is not who he says he is.

A suspicion that Grayson is Pablo.

*********

How was the chapter? Hope you enjoyed, please vote and comment. Obviously follow me on wattpad. Thanks if you already did.