20. #betrayal

Grayson's POV

I was walking with Ryan in the hallways, we were going to meet Logan so we could chill for a bit and talk about some stuff. We usually hang out and skip a class because everybody else is in class so we have the peace and quiet to ourselves.

Ryan had gotten me from school today since my stitches decided to give up on me in front of Rose yesterday. Logan was waiting for us already, Probably bored out of his mind and playing on his phone.

We saw the empty halls, we were 7 minutes late to school already. Only a couple more minutes till we get to the staircase. I didn't want to skip class today because I wanted to see her. I'm worried about how I'm feeling, I miss her. This fake relationship stuff is messing with my head to make me this way.

I hope I'm not sick. Now you're just as crazy as her. Kinda like the idea of us being crazy together but I know I gotta stop.

We were close to the doors, but I was thinking of turning around to go to her. I know the boys took her home, so I know she's still alive. She gets into too much trouble. Makes me annoyed that she didn't ask me to take her home when I'm her fake boyfriend.

You were bleeding your guts out idiot, how would you drive her home if you can't take care of yourself? Hate when my conscience is right.

I think I'm jealous but I can't be, this isn't real. Then again I like the idea of her being safe but I want to be her savior. Yes of course it's childish but I want her to praise me as her hero not them or anyone else.

I like when she takes care of me, makes me feel different. I get excited and my heart beats a tad too fast. I want to take care of her, which is why I faked this relationship. Because any girl that dated Ryan got their hearts broken, played, and used. I didn't want that to happen to her.

He's like a brother. But she's my girl, my responsibility now.

We step towards the staircase doors and push them open. We walk in a step and freeze. Both of us shocked by the situation in front of us.

Rose and Logan were standing there just wrapping their arms around each other, so close to each other's faces. I'm trying not to get mad, but I am.

I'm so pissed. I've been worried about Ryan for so long that I forgot about Logan. Their both players and she's just too good to look past.

So I was waking up, walking here, and thinking all about her and she's right here? Up close and personal with Logan?

She looks at us and has this look on her face, mouth open with her teeth clenched, as she walked straight ahead and out of the staircase doors to the hallway.

Ignoring me.

I look at her walk away and she just walks straight ahead Shaking her head. After a couple seconds I see her halt as if she just remembered something and growled in annoyance. She regained composure and walked on.

I don't recall seeing anyone ever growling like that. She's looked like she was part ogre. She's probably just sad that she got caught. FOCUS.

I turn to Logan, "You know she's my girl and you still do this?" I said in disbelief.

Logan was always the more loyal one when it came to boundaries and girls but I'm just disappointed. He basically ran over the whole bro-code. If the bro code was a person, it would be in intensive care right now. Right beside my heart.

I was only thinking about what was the right thing to do now. With no explanation or nothing else. I decided to walk away silently. I'm not dealing with this right now.

I stayed in the janitor's closet throughout all of the classes. I don't want to see any of them. I need to think.

————

After multiple hours, I could not stay still. I still don't know what I should do. How should i react. Ultimate revenge? Ignore them forever? Or act like it never happened?

I grabbed my phone and decided to go on safari. Why not google chrome? I don't know either, shut up.

I typed in my search bar 'What to do when best friend is caught with fake girlfriend?'

I paused.

I selected the word 'fake' and pressed the backspace button on the screen. Searched the statement and a question came up on one of the Q & A websites.

It read something like:
"Caught my best friend with my girlfriend, very intimate looking moment but I'm not sure how to react. Is this #betrayal? What should I do?"

Answers were like:
"Just forget them, they don't deserve you in their lives"
"Destroy them"
"Make them jealous as payback. Get another girlfriend and a better best friend"
"Don't make assumptions, hear their sides of the story"
"Baw just knock them out"

I sat there and sighed. "Yea bro it is hashtag betrayal."

My eyes skip to the last one, oh how tempting. They just have to meet deedee and dexter. My knuckles.

But I can't use violence because our relationship is fake anyways, it would be too extreme. You really don't want her hurt, do you? Whatever.

Should I decide on ignoring them? Safest way to play it but what if they don't even try to react? Or apologize? Or explain themselves?

Maybe it'll break my heart even more. Maybe I'll stop coming to school for a bit, I'm too sensitive right now. I'm better off scaring people anyways.

Did she feel nothing towards me? What does he have that I don't? Other that a friendly personality and a good sense of humor? That's probably what it was.

You know what, I'm just going to ignore everyone and stay home for a bit. No action should be taken right now, I'm not in my right mind.

They know where to find me. If they have to say something, they can come to me. I'm not chasing answers. You want to chase her though...

Forget them. Forget her.