18. Did I kill him?

Grayson's P.O.V

I grabbed Rose just as the door was about to open and pressed her back towards the wall. We were close, really close. Her eyes were wide and I leaned in quickly. I was so close to her face, but I stopped only a couple centimeters away. The back of my head faced the door, hiding Rose's face. Whoever opened that door, ran out just as quickly and slammed the door shut. Probably said a quick sorry but I stopped listening a while before to actually notice.

I was focused on Rose and she was shutting her eyes with all her might now. That is the second time this happens but I'm not ready for rejection again. I stepped back quickly, I don't want her to hate me or get scared because of me.

The first time she told me not to kiss her, I admit I was hurt. Why would she say no? Does she like Ryan or some other guy? Does she hate me? Is she ok?

Why do I care anyways? Should I care? This is fake. It can't be real....can it? But what are these feeling I feel? The urge to hug and kiss her? The way I get jealous and overprotective about her from any guy or in any situation?

She opened her eyes slowly after I stepped away. I was standing there just looking at her quietly.

She looked back at me, straight in my eyes. It felt like I was letting her see everything that is me. I was getting shivers. What is happening to me?

It was killing me how fast I can let her look so deep into my eyes while I felt vulnerable. I rarely feel this vulnerable.

The more she stared back, the more her eyes pierced through me and sought out my true emotions. She was killing me with her stare but I felt as if I couldn't move. She captured me into her hypnotizing eyes and the worst part was that I didn't know if I had the same effect on her. I shouldn't think like this.

She stepped closer and I panicked. What is she doing? Is she not scared of me? I'm scared that she might actually make my pathetic heart skip a beat but I can't do anything to stop her. What if she confirms my feelings? What if I like her? Do I like her?

I don't know man, I'm confused.

She steps even closer, I don't step back though. I stood my ground like how I was taught in my training. It felt like an episode of Animal Planet and you bet your ass it was about to go horribly wrong. We were a foot or two apart now and she seemed very calm.

She looked down at my stomach area and stood focused for a minute. I don't understand. What is she doing?

I feel dizzy. Is this what liking someone feels like?

She raised her hand slowly and hovered over my abdomen. That's when I finally snapped out of it and grabbed her hand before she touched me.

I looked her in her eyes, at last controlling my senses. "What do you think you are doing?" I said as calmly as possible. She looked up fast with concerned eyes.

"Are you okay?" she whispered, still worried. What is she worrying about? She was so genuine about her care as usual... I loved her attention.

I furrowed my eyes at her, confused. "Grayson." she said sternly, while gripping my hand. "You're bleeding? Can't you feel that?" she said panicked.

I was bleeding? I looked down to the area where our hands still hovered and I was, in fact, bleeding.

I probably didn't realize because of how out of it I was. It was a cut I had from earlier yesterday, which was why I wasn't at school, but I guess I messed up the stitches when I moved to push her to the wall or something.

I felt the all too familiar sting again and winced a bit. My white shirt was now decorated with a big red patch and I was starting to feel somewhat tired. I squeezed her hand back for support and things started to look fuzzy.